Help Support Bigcoupe.com

President Donald J Trump makes history...

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: ron, bfons, GRNSHRK

sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

President Donald J Trump makes history...

Post by sharkfan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:11 pm

President Donald J Trump makes history as the first U.S. President to be impeached twice.

I believe I have posted this in the correct place;

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.
2001 Alpina B10 V8 Touring (1 of 12 rhd)
1997 Alpina B12 5.7 L (1 of 2 rhd)
1995 Alpina B10 4.6 Touring (1 of 1 rhd)
1985 BMW M635CSi (1 of 524 rhd)
1982 BMW 635CSiA (1 of 100's left from the 1000's made and still valiantly fighting against a rusty grave)

Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: President Donald J Trump makes history...

Post by Da_Hose » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:36 am

I agree it's very significant that his happened twice in his term.

A second notable fact is that in the few impeachments that have happened in our history, in this second impeachment he has the most members of his own party voting to do so. That's a pretty big justification that impeachment really is the appropriate response for his behavior.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car

hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:26 am

I was going to put some members on my ignore list, and actually did so (that would have been a first for me), but then I opened my devotional passage for today and changed my mind:

1 John 4:20-21

"Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister."

You people are my brothers and sisters. I may not agree with what you say, but I love you anyway, and we can discuss our differences without resorting to personal attacks. That is called civil discourse, something that was sorely lacking in the now-deleted thread
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann";'87 325is "Odette"; '93 325is "Elvira"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"; '95 318is "Bebe"

sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:40 am

As I understand it, the main driving force behind the 2nd Impeachment is two-fold;

1. To stop Trump from talking about, inciting or carrying out further attacks on the U.S. Constitution before the inauguration of Biden on the 20th January, and
2. If successful, to enable a vote on dis-barring Trump from holding any further Public Office.

Of these number 2 is perhaps the most important for the populace of the U.S. as whether you support or oppose Trump their is no doubt that he has widened the divide between the two major voting party's in the U.S. today.

Plenty of Republicans during the House of Representatives hearing stated that now is the time for healing and coming together in the country after the events of the 6th January but I do struggle to see how Trump, with his historical rhetoric up to and including 6th January, can be seen to be a part of that healing.

Trump has, for his own reasons, repeatedly refused to accept the results of the November 3rd 2020 election and even in the face of sixty-plus failed Court cases failed to find any evidence of substantive electoral fraud that could back up any of his claims and even now would refuse to state the election result was fair. This position of his, whether stubbornness, belligerence, self-aggrandisement or simply delusional, it does not matter which, is completely incompatible with the stated wishes of his own supporters of wishing the country to heal and come together.

Whether Trump is unsuccessfully impeached or if Trump had not be impeached a second time do any Trump supporters believe that he would be part of the healing and coming together process that the U.S. very, very obviously needs?

During his entire 2016 campaign and time in Office Trump has always amplified the divide between Republicans and Democrats and used insults, derision and thousands upon thousands of lies to widen that divide and polarise the two political party's further and further apart and used that divide to further his own promotion and position.

Trump's second impeachment is important for quite a few reasons that will affect the U.S. going forward for many decades to come, long after Trump id dead and gone.

1. It establishes whether any President, as Commander in Chief, is allowed to forgo his inauguration vow and attack the U.S. Constitution and the mechanisms that carry out the U.S. Constitution.
2. It might remove one of the chief divisive people from the political scene to at least enable the healing process between very obviously polarised Republican and Democrat voters in the U.S.
3. It would draw a line under Trump's behaviour as President and serve as warning shot to any and all future Presidents as to where the limit is in terms of their rhetoric and abuse of the position of POTUS.

If Trump is not convicted I do not believe that he will either go quietly from Office and/or be part of the healing and coming together that the country so very desperately needs. Without a conviction he will be able to start his 2024 Campaign from the moment the Senate impeachment hearing ends and further stoke through more lies and derision the division between the two major political forces in the U.S.

Do any Trump supporters, past or present, believe that Trump can be any part of the healing and coming together process that Trumps Republican supporters in the House of Representatives state is needed following the events of 6th January 2021?

As an aside to all this it is estimated that there will be almost 20,000 U.S. soldiers and other armed Forces stationed in the U.S. capital for the next few weeks as a protection against the domestic violence and terrorism threat to the inauguration of the next U.S.President. That is more than double the amount of soldiers and armed forces stationed overseas in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria guarding against terrorist threats there. This unfortunately speaks volumes about where the most significant terrorism threat is today in the United States.
2001 Alpina B10 V8 Touring (1 of 12 rhd)
1997 Alpina B12 5.7 L (1 of 2 rhd)
1995 Alpina B10 4.6 Touring (1 of 1 rhd)
1985 BMW M635CSi (1 of 524 rhd)
1982 BMW 635CSiA (1 of 100's left from the 1000's made and still valiantly fighting against a rusty grave)