how many 635's have you encounter? (Encountered)

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

nomorebmws

how many 635's have you encounter? (Encountered)

Post by nomorebmws »

Today was my second at the junk yard in North Hollywood, it was Scarecrow67, park next to mine, we talk a bit, I had just got rear shocks and brake calipers for mine, he was there for minor stuff for he's, last saturday I meet another (older 635) that guy was looking for a whole interior for his, he got lucky, we found a 87 euro seats, he took everything there was to take I help the guy since he didn't have any tools.
who goes to the junk yard with not tools?
I have seen a few but only talk to two other 635's owners on the street.
and meetings don't count,
by the way the yard has two 635's a white one and a brownzit one
Last edited by nomorebmws on Mon May 02, 2011 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cleeves

Post by cleeves »

not many. saw one parked outside the kansas football game a few weeks ago. E12 based too if i recall. that's the only one i've seen since i was at the BMWCCA meeting in StL this past summer.
World-Class6

blue M6 on the I-80 East, East of Ashby Blvd.

Post by World-Class6 »

I merged into traffic from Powell Avenue and headed Eastbound. A very clean blue M6, driven by a gentlemen with white hair zoomed on by. I was not driving the 6, but was able to take a quick photo. M6 logo did not make it on the pic.
Attachments
Blue M6  on I-80East.jpg
Blue M6 on I-80East.jpg (20.94 KiB) Viewed 31094 times
nomorebmws

Post by nomorebmws »

today around 12 noon on Ventura bld and just before Van Nuys ave a nice white 635csi
nomorebmws

Post by nomorebmws »

last week a black 635csi, We turn on Barham blvd going to Hollywood. we drove all the way just past the Kodak Theater and Hollywood Blvd.
nomorebmws

Post by nomorebmws »

today in the parking lot of Costo in Burbank,around 10:30am, a brownzit, tint windows with BBS gold wheels, I was looking for parking he was leaving.
Hefeweizen

Post by Hefeweizen »

We seem to have a nest in Manitou Springs, CO with a whole boat load for sale. Wife is happy that they are automatic. There are also a bunch for Sale in the Denver area, one die hard guy who wants to sell a badly damaged for $3,500.
Not to mention my son's herd (2) of 635CSis.
Colorado is a good place for 6ers since our cars do not rust.
Rainer
03 330Xi (DD)
85 635CSi (RIP 3 May 19)
80 633CSi (Red Euro, Project)

"If you think a good European mechanic is expensive, try a bad one!"
World-Class6

a pic would be nice

Post by World-Class6 »

It would be great if possible to take a quick pickie(pic) on these random wild 6ers out there, so the story matches the pic. Just make sure you do it safely. Phone cameras are perfect for this...
Hefeweizen

Re: a pic would be nice

Post by Hefeweizen »

[quote="privileged6"]It would be great if possible to take a quick pickie(pic) on these random wild 6ers out there, so the story matches the pic. Just make sure you do it safely. Phone cameras are perfect for this...[/quote]

They are on Craigslist. Care when you type in the search term. Use 635CSi and 635 CSi and you get various results (in Denver, and Colorado Springs)
Rainer
03 330Xi (DD)
85 635CSi (RIP 3 May 19)

World-Class6

Re: a pic would be nice

Post by World-Class6 »

Hefeweizen wrote:
privileged6 wrote:It would be great if possible to take a quick pickie(pic) on these random wild 6ers out there, so the story matches the pic. Just make sure you do it safely. Phone cameras are perfect for this...
They are on Craigslist. Care when you type in the search term. Use 635CSi and 635 CSi and you get various results (in Denver, and Colorado Springs)
thanks Hefeweizen, yep, it was a general statement about the pics. Primarily speaking of 6 Series out on the road, while one is driving and not necessarily for sale, but it is always nice to see them in any respect.
Last edited by World-Class6 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nomorebmws

Post by nomorebmws »

saw another red 6er in Burbank, just over the bridge of Burbank blvd a young guy driving it.
He was driving towards Costco I guess that will be south on Burbank and I was going north.
are you in here?
World-Class6

Post by World-Class6 »

this one zoomed on by near my work while I was out talking to a contractor. The driver was a mature gentleman with white hair, but definitely aware I took the pic. 6er was headed North on Hollis Street in Emeryville, Ca.
Attachments
Dark Blue Csi.jpg
Dark Blue Csi.jpg (14.5 KiB) Viewed 30876 times
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

I don't see many across West Yorkshire; I did used to see the white Highline that was recently on Ebay from Bradford and I believe there is another white Highline at a village nearby called Lothersdale, but neither on this furum I think......

However, last week in Costa Adeje, in the south of Tenerife I saw and waved at a nice chap driving a very nice Series 2 Silver 628CSi - nice car whomever you are :D

Sharkfan
sskang

Post by sskang »

Here's the situation in Japan....

Despite BMWs being extremely popular in Japan, older models are becoming more and more rare. Though I am not in cenral Tokyo that often, I would not see more than 5 6ers in a year.

But that is precisely the reason why I love to be a proud owner of my 6.
sskang
1987 M6 Alpinweiss
Tokyo, Japan

"Aller guten Dinge sind Sechs"
World-Class6

I spotted an 88 or 89 parked in Emeryville, Ca.

Post by World-Class6 »

If you wish hard enough, you will find them. :wink: This one was casually parked outside my work.

Oh yes, it's not the 88 bronzit, I sold that one & went to a good home a few weeks back.
Attachments
88 or 89Csi1.jpg
88 or 89Csi1.jpg (8.33 KiB) Viewed 30733 times
88 or 89Csi2.jpg
88 or 89Csi2.jpg (4.13 KiB) Viewed 30733 times
nomorebmws

Post by nomorebmws »

I been driving the freeways for the last two days and I have not seen any.
the 5 south from L A to Santa clarita, the 134 east from glendale to Arcadia, the 101 north from Woodland Hills to Glendale.
where are all the 6ers at?
raffi91

Post by raffi91 »

Im on the 134 all the time and I live in Glendale. Im sure one of us will spot the other eventually 8) .
-Raffi
Stoffie

Post by Stoffie »

I never see any, at all. Haven't seen any for at least ten years.

Went to the Netherlands last week for work, and saw one on my trip there.

Guess they're just rare overhere. Or people keep them in the garage all the time.
nomorebmws

Post by nomorebmws »

I saw one today on Victory Blvd, I guess is north, just before Magnolia Blvd. I think it was black with silver wheels, maybe 18" or bigger.
it was getting dark already I saw someone getting in the car. who's car was it? today thursday around 4_4:30pm I was on my way to Costco to put gas.
nomorebmws

Post by nomorebmws »

the first 6er of the new year, on the 118 fwy east side coming from Simi Valley just before Tampa exit. an asian male driving these debage 6er and no passanger side seat.
I was able to snap a pic since it was in front on me comming up the hill, around 10am on friday the 8th
Attachments
IMG00048-20100108-0948.jpg
IMG00048-20100108-0948.jpg (149.16 KiB) Viewed 23179 times
IMG00049-20100108-0948.jpg
IMG00049-20100108-0948.jpg (164.65 KiB) Viewed 23179 times
eryck

Post by eryck »

In the 10 years that I have lived in Hong Kong, I think I saw 1 many years ago....
Hefeweizen

Post by Hefeweizen »

:shock: White L6 at a Steak N Shake around 9pm Saturday night in Orlando Florida
Rainer
03 330Xi (DD)
85 635CSi (RIP 3 May 19)

World-Class6

Re: 2010

Post by World-Class6 »

nomorebmws wrote:the first 6er of the new year, on the 118 fwy east side coming from Simi Valley just before Tampa exit. an asian male driving these debage 6er and no passanger side seat.
I was able to snap a pic since it was in front on me comming up the hill, around 10am on friday the 8th
Nice color! I'ts a brown-orange? I'm sure someone has the color name...
nomorebmws

balck 6er

Post by nomorebmws »

I saw these one the other day, it seems to belong to someone at the car repair shop on Victory Blvd and Magnolia, just a block north of Victory pass Magnolia blvd.
who's car is these? anyone here?
Attachments
is not an M6. is it?
is not an M6. is it?
IMG00056-20100116-1458.jpg (166.39 KiB) Viewed 23070 times
Masked Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Masked Man »

Well, Saturday I saw an L6 on the Northbound 5 freeway, just past the connector for the 2 North. It was one of the browns. I was driving the Black Acura, gave the guy a honk and a thumbs up. And completely forgot that my phone has a camera in it. D'oh!

Keep the shiny side up

Phillip
Masked Man

85 635CSi Euro
Big Brake Upgrade
Ireland stainless exhaust
Upper & lower control arms
New tie rod kit