Electrics issue

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

UKDaveJ

Electrics issue

Post by UKDaveJ »

:idea: As our cars have loads of what are now old electrics, does anyone think it would be sensible to have a specific 'Electrical' section?

I was trying to find some details relating to a post I made(& by others) relating to changing over SI board batteries, but I can't find it. It was only looking in the obvious 'Interior' that I realised it wasn't there......., so I looked in 'Saloon' - nope, not there either...!

A dedicated 'Electrics' section would get my thumbs up - anybody else?
:D
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

-fwiw I agree....

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Electric section

Post by ron »

Please!!!!!!!
joe

electrical section

Post by joe »

definately..... :D

i have bmw ksd, etk, tis, and etm and i am still finding it hard to find the right topic, need help.

later joe
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

The thing which North American Six owners got, but which we in WCUK never really got hold of, were Electrical Troubleshooting Guides.
horsetan

Re: electrical section

Post by horsetan »

joe wrote:....i have bmw ksd...

Shouldn't that be "? s d" :?: :roll:
craigt

Troubleshooting Guide

Post by craigt »

Kaotiq635

Re: Electrics issue

Post by Kaotiq635 »

UKDaveJ wrote: A dedicated 'Electrics' section would get my thumbs up - anybody else?
Agreed, just been dealing with faulty sensors & still have some "check light" wierdness to understand.

Oh and with some luck I might be able to help, I do work on embedded software for a living, must go find the databooks for the RCA chip in the early motronic systems...

Cheers,
Iain
val_c

Re: Electrics issue

Post by val_c »

UKDaveJ wrote::idea: As our cars have loads of what are now old electrics, does anyone think it would be sensible to have a specific 'Electrical' section?

I was trying to find some details relating to a post I made(& by others) relating to changing over SI board batteries, but I can't find it. It was only looking in the obvious 'Interior' that I realised it wasn't there......., so I looked in 'Saloon' - nope, not there either...!

A dedicated 'Electrics' section would get my thumbs up - anybody else?
It will be nice. I plan to work on SI-board myself, my temp. gauge is dead and economizer started to act... Got junkyard SIboard to play with for begining.

The most complete info I found how to disassemble the board is here: http://www.bmwe34.net/E28/Repairs/Dashboard.htm but I will not put the batteries in the original place, but solder remote battery holdr and attach it under steering wheel somewhere for easy access.
horsetan

Re: Troubleshooting Guide

Post by horsetan »

craigt wrote:You mean like this :lol:

http://65.109.90.124/www/bmw/library/etm002.htm
Yes, but that's for a US-spec car.....
Rob 86 635

SI Board replacement

Post by Rob 86 635 »

Val, there is also this site for really good pics and explanation of removing the instrument cluster: http://www.z3bimmer.com/OffTopic/E24Bimmer///OdoGear/

Robert
bfons

Post by bfons »

Sorry guys as I wasn't watching this thread. I created the topic and also sorted all categories by # of questions. I hope this doesn't confuse anyone.
Brian

-----------------------
1984 Graphite M635 - Project Graphite - Sold
1985 Polaris M635 - Polaris - Sold
1987 L6 Black/Lotus White - My Queen has a new home
1980 633csi - Gone but not forgotten