Hail Storm Worry

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

ATW635

Hail Storm Worry

Post by ATW635 »

So I am about to have my 6 er repainted in the next few weeks, after many $$ on mechanical upgrades and restoration. Well we got an almighty storm tonight on my way home from work. I had some pretty heavy hail hits while driving, I parked under a tree on my drive (as my garage is occupied by my broken Accord). Ran inside and started to hope and pray (and drink) that my 6 is OK. Too dark to inspect, but I hope to get lucky. Imagine my terror if I had just HAD it painted :shock:
GWL

Post by GWL »

Well, don't leave us hanging after that dramatic intro. What happened?
ATW635

Post by ATW635 »

3 minor dents on the hood. Phew, thats it. there was tons of damage, many cars totaled, house roofs trashed. I got really lucky, on the west side and south side of town, a tornado touched down. Thankfully nobody was killed. A single hailstone was found that was 7.5 in dia. And that was a few hours after the storm ended. The cloud tops were 60,000 feet. Amazing stuff. If anyone ever watches the weather channel specials on those storm chasers, have regard for them. That stuff is pretty scary.
GWL

Post by GWL »

ATW635 wrote:3 minor dents on the hood. Phew, thats it. there was tons of damage, many cars totaled, house roofs trashed. I got really lucky, on the west side and south side of town, a tornado touched down. Thankfully nobody was killed. A single hailstone was found that was 7.5 in dia. And that was a few hours after the storm ended. The cloud tops were 60,000 feet. Amazing stuff. If anyone ever watches the weather channel specials on those storm chasers, have regard for them. That stuff is pretty scary.
Great, Minor dents = time for the Dent Doctor