2012 Calendar is on...Please read if you want to be in it

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

jerryobrecht

Post by jerryobrecht »

DunDun,

I am looking at the white 635, driver side view, that you posted on Oct 11 in the "2012 Calendar is on" thread.

The part on the front I am referring to is just above the front air dam, and below the sheet metal. It appears to cover (or replace) the stock black plastic housing that the bumper sits into. Also, the small rectangular side light protrudes through it.

On the back there appears to be a skirt-cover for the black plastic housing that the rear bumper sits within.

I've attached a copy of your photo, with the parts circled.

Jerry
Attachments

[The extension ppt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

DunDun

Post by DunDun »

jerryobrecht wrote:DunDun,

I am looking at the white 635, driver side view, that you posted on Oct 11 in the "2012 Calendar is on" thread.

The part on the front I am referring to is just above the front air dam, and below the sheet metal. It appears to cover (or replace) the stock black plastic housing that the bumper sits into. Also, the small rectangular side light protrudes through it.

On the back there appears to be a skirt-cover for the black plastic housing that the rear bumper sits within.

I've attached a copy of your photo, with the parts circled.

Jerry
Jerry:

Thanks for the response and clarification, the attachment I cannot open but let me go back to the posting and will reply appropriately.
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He's referring to . . .

Post by GRNSHRK »

...the painted bumper side covers, that come in body color as stock, on the 88/89 models, those wearing "world" bumpers :-k

So, if you want those on your 6er, either you're in for a bit of modification, or you need to buy and 88 or 89 #-o

DunDun, congrats on making the calendar 8)

:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
DunDun

Re: He's referring to . . .

Post by DunDun »

GRNSHRK wrote:...the painted bumper side covers, that come in body color as stock, on the 88/89 models, those wearing "world" bumpers :-k

So, if you want those on your 6er, either you're in for a bit of modification, or you need to buy and 88 or 89 #-o

DunDun, congrats on making the calendar 8)

Grnshrk: Thanks for the clarification, personally I also love the world bumpers (I like that they sit close to the body).

Additionally, thanks on the congrats for the calendar!

Should be a great upcoming season.
ZesCoupe
Bigcoupe Contributor
Bigcoupe Contributor

Post by ZesCoupe »

Hi Brian,

Just wanted to clarify a couple of points before the summer (if we get one over here :roll: ) so I'm ready for 2013.

You say
Ideally, it would be nice to have an image of 3200 X 2400 with a DPI of 300
My present camera does 3648 x 2736 with a little over 300 ppi (pixels per inch), this is the image resolution. DPI is the printer resolution which you can adjust when you print it out with your printer at home. I presume you are looking for image resolution of 300.

About the file sizes. A JPG from my camera at that size is about 7.5Mb so that would mean sending 2 or 3 emails. Can you do anything with RAW files? I personally like the quality but the file size is over 20Mb which makes sending them a little more difficult, possibly FTP'ing or multiple zip files.

Thanks,
Martyn
"If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well" My Dad (1921-1995)

1986 635CSi (Sold)
www.automotivelife.nl