Mrs. Bee A New Member - A Needy Girl

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

MrsBee

Post by MrsBee »

Where did the uh, fish tangent come from?

No, no pet sheep, although, my ex-husband did get me a goat for my birthday one year (please note, he's an ex for a reason).

Good news y'all, finalized itinerary now posted.
:
http://nikkiweed.wordpress.com/2013/09/ ... zed-dates/

Wahoo!
80CSi

Post by 80CSi »

Wow.... that's a trip. ...and a lot of it off the Interstate. That should be a LOT of fun seeing all the sites.

Make a side trip goal of seeing how many different Barbeque joints you can sample!
cecotto479

Post by cecotto479 »

GripGreg wrote:So, Nikki;
Is it that you use to have a pet sheep? :wink:
I ask 'cause I use to have a 60 gallon tropical fish tank, plus two 20 gal. tanks & a 5 gallon for food.
I had Tin Foil Barbs, Angel Fish, Jack Dempseys, Pictus Cat Fish, Clown Loaches, African Knife Fish, Congo Cichlids & Convict Cichlids, on & on.
Plus at least two Talapias.
There were about 30 fish in my 60 gallon community tank at one time. I had it set up so they could go behind rocks to hide out if they needed to,
as long as the rocks were set-up so I could watch from the front & the side.
They were happy 'cause they had babies.
Now you can find Talapia on medium to high end restaurant menus. (These are the only restaurants I frequent)
I'll never order Talapia because of my pet Charlie, or whatever! No, I didn't name them; I just threw that name in the hat.
Weird, because I do eat an occasional catfish dinner!! Gotta have Louisiana hot sauce though! (I am part Creole!)
So, did you have a pet sheep,,,,,,or what's the problem??? :-k :-?

????

And the Horsetan memorial award for the most bizarre, off the wall post of 2013 goes to.............

Although I suspect you'll have some stiffer competition in 2014 now that the great man himself is back with us.

There is no mandatory drug testing in relation.to.this award. Fortunately.
MrsBee

Post by MrsBee »

Barbeque, Beer and Bimmers, what else does a girl need?
GripGreg

Post by GripGreg »

Okay Guys, I did sorta ramble on. #-o
I was just establishing my family pets at one time & asking Nikki if she had a sheep for a pet at one time & is this why she doesn't like sheepskins.
You still didn't answer the question though, Nikki. :-?
Hit the apex
in Long Beach, Cal
Buster/'82Euro6 Build Date 9/81
Rosallina/'80 528i Build Date 4/80
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Dude, you're starting to scare me....

Mrs. Bee (what show was that from?...probably before your time), some of that route could include Rte. 66, before you turn south. Is that part of the plan?

I drove cross country from SoCal once, and made sure to hit some of what's left of the old byway. I stopped for chow in Gallup, NM and took a picture of one of the poles. They look like the ones in any other town, I failed to see what is so special about them...
MrsBee

Post by MrsBee »

No route 66 for me, I guess i feel like that's been done before and wouldn't make for a very exciting book...
MöchteWeiß

Post by MöchteWeiß »

MrsBee wrote:No route 66 for me, I guess i feel like that's been done before and wouldn't make for a very exciting book...
Plus it ends up in Illinois ... in January. :roll:

I gotta say, a timetable requiring you to go an average of 200 miles a day shouldn't be too hard to meet. Hell, I figured you'd be doing this in a week.
MöchteWeiß

Post by MöchteWeiß »

MrsBee wrote:No route 66 for me, I guess i feel like that's been done before and wouldn't make for a very exciting book...
Plus it ends up in Illinois ... in January. :roll:

I gotta say, a timetable requiring you to go an average of 200 miles a day shouldn't be too hard to meet. Hell, I figured you'd be doing this in a week.
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Take route 10 east from L.A. through Phoenix and than a fast 1 1/2 to Tucson, and onwards east. Some interesting sites in Tucson mainly Mission de Tubac which is one of the original Spanish missions and has been restored.Also the town of Tubac which is an art colony. The mission is a great background for a car picture. If you are a Wyatt Earp fan there is Tombstone too, which is really a stitch to see, especially boot hill.90 miles south of Tucson is Bisbee, AZ with one of the largest copper mines ever called the Copper Queen. Bisbee also features the"one book" store..A fellow wrote a book then opened a store to sell them. He only stocks the one book. He has been in business a long time and I am guessing it is still there. . You can take tours of the mine that will put you a mile down Between Bisbee and Tucson, are the Kartchner Caverns found less than 20 years ago and what they call a "living cave as it is still forming. Resos are needed there. Then through Texas to a town called Marfa. An interesting place and now becoming an art colony
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
MrsBee

Post by MrsBee »

Not exactly a Wyatt Earp fan, but I am a fan of book store - the one in Quartzsite Arizona is going to be one of my first touristy stops after the Hoover Dam.

Google it, you'll love it. :-D
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

I never drove Hoover to Quartzite. Is there a direct route?? Quartzite to Phx is 2 hours. You may as well go to Lake Havasu and see London Bridge!! Quartzite has one of the biggest rock and mineral shows in the country during the winter months but I am not sure when.

It is starting to sound like a super trip as if you aren't pressed for time there is a lot to see that i am sure will give you a hell of a lot to write about...; From the sights to the 6 series guys
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
80CSi

Post by 80CSi »

MrsBee wrote:...my first touristy stops after the Hoover Dam.
I haven't been out there since they built the new bridge. I hear it's as exciting to drive as the Royal Gorge in Colorado.... and four times as long!
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

I forgot about the new bridge and as you said, it is something to behold.
MrsBee

New Exciting Stuff

Post by MrsBee »

well, they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder - so in my beholding eye I think it's a beautifully written piece full of excitement and passion.

Nah, I lie - it's actually tripe - but it's amusing tripe.

The Shark Saga is coming along nicely, and upon a couple of suggestions from friends and fellow followers of the shark I'm setting up a "kickstarter" page in order to help the cause of getting the Shark home AND publish a book about it...more on that later

http://nikkiweed.wordpress.com/2013/09/ ... stupidity/
MrsBee

Post by MrsBee »

I finally got around to starting a fund raising campaign to get this off the ground and the wheels spinning - check out the site and tell me what you think. What should I change? What should stay the same?
Attachments
speedodonate.jpg
speedodonate.jpg (45.22 KiB) Viewed 8010 times
GripGreg

Post by GripGreg »

On my screen I see the speedo with no way to click to the next page. :-k
Hit the apex
in Long Beach, Cal
Buster/'82Euro6 Build Date 9/81
Rosallina/'80 528i Build Date 4/80
bam2002

See you in Fl

Post by bam2002 »

Sounds like a great trip..
Tunaoue

Post by Tunaoue »

Wow Nikki, -- YOU ROCK!!
Greg phoned me and told me to read.
Pretty awesome of you to come out and do the adventure. Most others would just have a transporter pick it up and be done with it.

You're an awesome sport!
We can all learn a lesson from you.
We can all get basements with trap doors.

So in the spirit of adventure, I'm stepping up since the wife wants to visit her sibs in Tennessee. Being here in California, the sensible thing to do is fly. NOPE, like you, we're driving our latest BMW.
So the other sensible thing to do is to hop on I-40 and head east through the desert, thru northern Texas, through Oklahoma, Arkansas. (HOW BORING!!!)

NOPE, we're starting by heading up to Washington, crossing Idaho, through Montana, hooking down through Chicago, up the St' Lawrence seaway to Niagra falls. (What we'll do there since the government is closed and there are no national park employees, I'm not sure). BUT from there we'll head to Amish Pennsylvania, and eventually to Tennessee.

This (and BMWs in general) is more about the journey, than the destination. We're entertaining thoughts of the return route. Perhaps you have suggestions?
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

GripGreg wrote:On my screen I see the speedo with no way to click to the next page. :-k
You have to go to Nikki's blog and find the posting with the speedometer for the link to work.
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
MrsBee

Post by MrsBee »

Perhaps I can help by just putting a link - sheesh - - I make things difficult sometimes.

http://nikkiweed.wordpress.com/
click THAT Speedometer and it'll work. Have I mentioned I'm not very technology savy.

I applaud you taking the "route less traveled", Tunaoue! That, to me at least, is what life is all about. Taking the steering wheel with both hands and propelling yourself to places most people would see. I mean, sure there are little town throughout the experience that are forgettable, but there are always little nuggets of amusement that will make you smile and at that very moment know you're alive. (attached is a recent picture of my travelling partner and I experiencing one of those alive moments).

It's also kind of funny that you talk of exploring out of your comfort zone. I have no comfort zones, all I have is discomfort zones, and those include work and the ride to work. The problem is that it's redundant, you see the same thing, the same car, the same people every freaking day. Where is the excitement? I like action, life on the road is full of action and quick thinking.

Which, apparently I don't have. Mr. Bee sat me down for a "serious talk" in regards to the trip across country- well - apparently he's concerned because I get lost a lot. It's hard to explain that it's never really "lost" it's more of a deviation from the norm. The only problem is that when I'm out in the middle of nowhere, who's going to be there to put me back on the right track. I'm trying to collaborate with different clubs and SIG's to try to get caravans from city to city - we'll see how that goes...

Travel on, tune in, and party on.

(I'm dancing in the moonlight, personally)
Attachments
zipstheslinger.jpg
zipstheslinger.jpg (847.78 KiB) Viewed 7873 times
MrsBee

Post by MrsBee »

I thought I'd give this thread a healthy BUMP. I'm looking at my calendar and my departure date is only about two months away. Seeing as how I was slack the past couple of weeks on planning routes and such - I just wanted to touch base with the "Big Coupe" crowd and see who's out there and who wants to participate in the big adventure.

Here's how it stands - the biggest thing on the calendar is the Schulenburg Show And Shine in Eastern Texas. This event is going to be massive, including all sorts of fun and oddities (a band called the Shiner Hobo Band for one). Also, I'm going to have trophies and all sorts of promo stuff in regards to the Shark Adventure and such. In putting this show on, I'd love to spread the word about "big coupe" and let the public know what a big help y'all have been to this exciting journey.

Also, I seem to have lost a roll call on who's where. Please, if you have a moment zip over to the website:
http://nikkiweed.wordpress.com/when-is- ... zed-dates/

Ah hell, I'm probably forgetting a bunch of stuff... what did I miss.

Oh, right, I've now got a facebook for the shark (E-Eighty Too) and I'm trying to keep as much of a running update as possible. It feels like a freaking soap opera.

Ah, I've missed you guys!
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

I understand your omission of Route 66 as said but if you are interested, there is a small section of Route 66 that parallels the 15 FWY going to Victorville. A very nice area to have a meeting of the minds with other BMW enthusiasts. Many parts of this video by the Petrolicious guys was done there http://www.petrolicious.com/rare-things . It's a good area that's kinda out of the way but right next to all the traffic going through the 15 Fwy.

This would alter your route from the 5 Fwy (or 14) to 58 to 15 to Vegas route to 210 Fwy to 15 and up to Vegas from there. Very local to me and somewhat local to several other BC members.

Just realize that the trip in January is subject to changing weather conditions so you could have a good turn out or you could be by yourself.

Contact me for any assistance as I do have plenty of spares to cover most any issues you might encounter. I even have a good antenna for you.

Ralph
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
winfred

Post by winfred »

on passing though baton rouge if something needs fix'n LMK, i haz manie tools, old bmws and experience
3/81 633 m30b35 & getrag 260/6, motronic 1.3 -sold

86 635 with nearly all goodies from rotted away 85 m635 including the m88/3, tuning in progress on motronic 3.3.1