Great video I found. BMW's Roadster History

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

shay_mcquaid

Great video I found. BMW's Roadster History

Post by shay_mcquaid »

1989 635csi Alpine White/Black Nappa
1987 635csi "restorod" R.I.P.
1988 K100RS
2003 540i6 //MSport Imola Red
Zieg

BMW Roadsters

Post by Zieg »

A friend of mine sent me this video last week. He and his wife owns a Z3 M Roadster and a Z1. He had the same reaction as I did.

I may be a little jaded owning a 98 Z3 and a 2000 M Roadster but I was VERY disappointed that the Z3 was not listed as a great BMW Roadster.

IMHO it is MUCH better looking and sportier than the first generation Z4. The second generation Z4, as beautiful as I think it is, is really more or a touring car and less of a sports car.

I can not understand why they ignored the Z3.
stugilmour

Post by stugilmour »

My thoughts exactly Zieg. Watched the video before reading your post. Not only were they completely dismissive of the Z3 in the narrative, they don't even have it in the final group line-up. :-?

In Bimmer Magazine's Buyers Guides over the years Mike Miller mentions the Z3 almost has it's own following. I have never driven one, but my British Classic mechanic swears by his; just loves it. I have always liked the styling, and see it harkening back to the 328 like the Z8 / 507 thing.

Fun video though; cool to actually hear the 328!

Stu
Stu
Calgary Alberta
'87 M6