VINNY'S OUTBACK TALE!

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

GripGreg

VINNY'S OUTBACK TALE!

Post by GripGreg »

Hey Vinney; I hope you finalized your next story!
I just re-read your wonderfully written story & it still holds water. =D>

Please, give us one more!! 8-[

True or not, it makes me think because I know Australia has wonderfully
different animals so, anything could happen! =D>
It's been long enough,,,,Greg
Last edited by GripGreg on Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hit the apex
in Long Beach, Cal
Buster/'82Euro6 Build Date 9/81
Rosallina/'80 528i Build Date 4/80
2I6es

Re: VINNY'S OUTBACK TALE!

Post by 2I6es »

High Greg - you'll have to send me a link to the original. Just got out of Hospital after 13 weeks. Had three major AMI's in one day - all silent - total body shut down. Everything kicked back in except I now have a major heart Disrythmia (AF) which I don't feel till the blood pressure drops to a dangerous 65 / 56. Also my kidneys totally collapsed and am now on Dialysis three times a week.

On the plus side I have a new zest for life, I dropped 48Kg (105Lb) 140Kg to 93Kg (308Lb to 203Lb) for the non-metricated and for the first time in over 30 years women are finding me attractive. I have two female friends and my Ex now realises what she let go and wants to get back after 20+ years of separation.

At the moment I'm only driving to and from the Hospital for Physio, Occupational Therapy and Dialysis. The guys in the Ford Forum want me to come down south in the middle of winter for the yearly Heathcote drag meeting - they will pick me up at Melbourne Airport and drive me there via a Hospital for Dialysis - minus temperatures overnight and max of 5C / 40F - like I want to leave my tropical 28C to 30C (82F to 86F) day temps :-"

Anyway, hope everyone is well, still following a few threads on here (Hi Don {NI}) vehicle looks beautiful and of course what is happening to the Ex LOCUTUS. I hope everyone had a safe Christmas with what was needed and hope you all have a safe New Year - take care

Cheers Vinny
$DO || ! $DO : try
try: command not found

02 XR6 (m) 5sp (OD) 1701 D - "ENTERPRISE"

Long time lover of all hot I6's - BMW 635, Ford XR6 and the mighty Chrysler E49 six pack Charger
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Good to hear from you, Vinny! Take care of yourself and keep posting :wink:
2I6es

Post by 2I6es »

Hi Pod, pretty tough with the rain / floods there - are you affected (hope not)?

One of the Ford guys who runs an Auto-electrical business just posted about an 85 Red M635 coming in for work - BMW's are his favourite Euro!

Cheers Vinny
$DO || ! $DO : try
try: command not found

02 XR6 (m) 5sp (OD) 1701 D - "ENTERPRISE"

Long time lover of all hot I6's - BMW 635, Ford XR6 and the mighty Chrysler E49 six pack Charger
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Hi Vinny,

No, I'm fortunately in the South East of England. However the people in the North have been hit hard, with fears of more bad weather later this week :(
GripGreg

Post by GripGreg »

Hi & back atcha Vinny!
You must be kinda cute after losing all that weight! I'll stop there 'cause I don't want to create questions in anyone's mind. Just to clarify, I am deeply on the straight side, just open-minded! :wink:

Anyway, glad you feel better! I can relate 'cause I have Type 2 Diabetes & need to lose 40 lbs! #-o
I'll search for your story & tell you just where it is. That'll be the best I can do.
I was erasing old posts when I ran across your story. It was way back to 2011 or 2012!
Your eloquence in that story was really on point! Generally it was about someone's travels.
I think you said you had another story you were finalizing?
Greg
Hit the apex
in Long Beach, Cal
Buster/'82Euro6 Build Date 9/81
Rosallina/'80 528i Build Date 4/80
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Heya Vinney. Here is the link to your original post;

viewtopic.php?t=19334&highlight=resiste ... nce+futile

I don't think the image links are working any more ?

Hope you are well mate. LOCUTUS keeps getting tinkered on, fixing this that and the other. I have to say that it is very enjoyable doing this. You can see an ale in most of my shots :D Just got to get my BMW mechanic to clear his hoists and the engine conversion will be undertaken.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
olympia57
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by olympia57 »

Sent you a wee PM .
Chin Up .. :wink:
1981 635 series 1