Trump or Clinton?

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Sharknose

Trump or Clinton?

Post by Sharknose »

Just wondering what you guys think about this?
Based on his way of promoting himself, Trump seems to be unlikely, but then again so was the Brexit :shock:

I as an outsider, still wonder how a country of +300 million people could end up with 2 candidates of such a questionable "quality". [-(
Honestly, I'm not sure if voting for one or the other is worse than not voting at all!
Such a great country surely must have better options than this, where are they? It's like knowingly running into an open knife... ](*,)
Well, we'll see...
Sharknose
1989 BMW 635CSi - Metallic Smoke Gray - my Lupita

"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done!"
hornhospital Online
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Trump or Clinton?

Post by hornhospital »

This picture and caption pretty much express my feelings about this election. It's a sorry state of affairs when we end up with choosing between the two bozos that have shaken out from the pack.
Attachments
One will win.png
One will win.png (566.81 KiB) Viewed 7750 times
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

As an 'insider' I always thought Brexit was a distinct and possible referendum result, so I'd therefore be quite interested in US residents thoughts on the possibility of 'Donald Trump, President of the United States of America'.........
2001 Alpina B10 V8 Touring (1 of 12 rhd)
1997 Alpina B12 5.7 L (1 of 2 rhd)
1995 Alpina B10 4.6 Touring (1 of 1 rhd)
1985 BMW M635CSi (1 of 524 rhd)
1982 BMW 635CSiA (1 of 100's left from the 1000's made and still valiantly fighting against a rusty grave)
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Well, since the Democrat President took it upon himself to stick his nose into the UK's business with regard to our recent vote, together with the fact that Trump congratulated us on the result (Obama was strangely silent) - I'm all for him!

I can't stand those trendy-lefty Democrats anyway. What have they achieved in the past seven years apart from a student-style sit down strike the other day in Congress :-k

(I guess this post is the BigCoupe equivalent of poking a stick in a Hornets' nest 8-[ )
GazM3

Post by GazM3 »

We had an election just last week. Still don't know winner. Cos both candidates are shit. Just like it seems USA election.

Need like that movie where he wins all that money he has to spend in 30 days. Vote for "none of the above"
BMW’s
84 E24 M635csi
90 E34 M5 3.6
94 E34 540i/6 SC E85
97 E36 M3 euro SC U/C
97 Z3 2.8 widebody

OTHERS
11 Audi S5 3.0 SC
19 VW Amarok V6
alabbasi

Post by alabbasi »

I'm not sure that my 401k can take another protest vote.
With best regards,
Al
85 M635, DFW, TX
M6smitten

Post by M6smitten »

Pod wrote:Well, since the Democrat President took it upon himself to stick his nose into the UK's business with regard to our recent vote, together with the fact that Trump congratulated us on the result (Obama was strangely silent) - I'm all for him!

I can't stand those trendy-lefty Democrats anyway. What have they achieved in the past seven years apart from a student-style sit down strike the other day in Congress :-k

(I guess this post is the BigCoupe equivalent of poking a stick in a Hornets' nest 8-[ )
Well actually, Trump congratulated Scotland on their decision to leave. Personally, his quote "I know more about ISIS than the generals do" seems glib at best and I wonder if he even knows who Abu Bakr is.
2011 1 Series M
1974 2002 Turbo
1987 M6 (2/87) - Sold
1984 M635CSi (10/84) - Sold
2012 335 xi
2009 328 xi

Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

M6smitten wrote:
Pod wrote:Well, since the Democrat President took it upon himself to stick his nose into the UK's business with regard to our recent vote, together with the fact that Trump congratulated us on the result (Obama was strangely silent) - I'm all for him!

Well actually, Trump congratulated Scotland on their decision to leave. Personally, his quote "I know more about ISIS than the generals do" seems glib at best and I wonder if he even knows who Abu Bakr is.
I feel I must correct you. This is taken verbatim from Donald Trump's own website (donaldjtrump.com)...........

- June 24, 2016 -
​Donald J. Trump Statement Regarding British Referendum on E.U. Membership

The people of the United Kingdom have exercised the sacred right of all free peoples. They have declared their independence from the European Union and have voted to reassert control over their own politics, borders and economy. A Trump Administration pledges to strengthen our ties with a free and independent Britain, deepening our bonds in commerce, culture and mutual defense. The whole world is more peaceful and stable when our two countries – and our two peoples – are united together, as they will be under a Trump Administration.

Funnily enough, Scotland, led by the mad fish-woman, actually voted to Remain (in the EU). However, the majority of the voting population of the entire UK voted Leave. So we are off \:D/

The Scottish Nationalists are now calling for a second referendum on Scotland remaining in the UK - so we'll see what happens.
M6smitten

Post by M6smitten »

lol, I should have been more clear. From his T.V. appearance for the opening of his new golf course in Scotland, Trump congregated his audience [of Scots] on their decision to exit the E.U. When, as you acknowledged, they voted to stay.
I am sure some underpaid researcher/speech writer posts vetted and correct info to DonaldTrump.com not the Donald. Who, like Sarah Palin, has no clue when they have to think/respond in real-time. Whether its congratulating the Scots or "seeing Russia from your house", they share a stunted worldview bereft of nuance.

To any Trump supporter: What is a Trump policy proposal you favor and why?:
2011 1 Series M
1974 2002 Turbo
1987 M6 (2/87) - Sold
1984 M635CSi (10/84) - Sold
2012 335 xi
2009 328 xi

Sharknose

Post by Sharknose »

Hmmm, I just read this:
Would Donald Trump Quit if He Wins the Election? He Doesn’t Rule It Out... :o

Wow, to be honest, that would be the first smart thing he could and should be doing in my eyes.
He would have proved his point(!) and also avoids the grueling job of governing (which he has no idea about anyway).
Interesting scenario. :-k
Sharknose
1989 BMW 635CSi - Metallic Smoke Gray - my Lupita

"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done!"
Sharknose

Post by Sharknose »

Interesting comparisson...
Attachments
.facebook_1468042196944.jpg
.facebook_1468042196944.jpg (41.36 KiB) Viewed 7575 times
Sharknose