1981 635 Euro on BAT closing today

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

dwcains

Re: 1981 635 Euro on BAT closing today

Post by dwcains »

High bid only $8K?
Dean
Lutz, FL

'85 635 CSi Euro #9402254
'87 Spider Veloce
'92 Spider Veloce
'08 350Z

francoid

Post by francoid »

I could be mistaken, but the car appears to have been purchased recently for about $7k, with some known flaws that may not have been remediated, and put up there after 1000 miles for what may be a quick pay off. The seller did not appear to know his car very much (including not being sure what engine model was in it). That appeared to turn people off. Meanwhile there's another, very nice one on auction already doing better (main flaw to me is the auto trans): http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-635csi-4/
BamaE24

Post by BamaE24 »

That second car is really pretty. I wish though that there would be at least one underbody photo on these ads. Says it's from up north, these things love to rust, winning combination. Would like to see how well the car was taken care of from the bottom up vs top down, being from a salty area :D
Also to note, if it was an '88 5-speed it would somehow find its way home with me....some spectacular shenanigan of a way. The auto trans is no slouch though...when put up against other autoboxes.