Dacia and Skoda.

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dacia and Skoda.

Post by Pod »

Is Dacia the "new" Skoda? Discuss!
Paul Humpage

Re: Dacia and Skoda.

Post by Paul Humpage »

No Dacia in Australia. If it wasn't for James May mentioning them (doesn't he drive one?) it's a brand i would never have heard of. Who is the parent company or are they an independent?
Mark Shutt

Post by Mark Shutt »

I drive an Octavia vRS, fantastic car from the VW group, quality is not quite VW ir Audi but they use all the same components and very well specced cars for the money. They are miles ahead of Dacia....
1988 635csi Auto Highline, Royal blue with Lotus white.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26461&p=189478#p189478
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Mark Shutt wrote:I drive an Octavia vRS, fantastic car from the VW group, quality is not quite VW ir Audi but they use all the same components and very well specced cars for the money. They are miles ahead of Dacia....
Maybe I should have taken into account the fact that many of you are considerably younger than me! I was referring to the Skodas of the 1970's when they were one of the worst cars around (apart from, perhaps, Moskvitch cars which came from the USSR!).

There were plenty of jokes going around such as....." Did you hear about the bloke who parked his new Skoda outside his house and woke up the next morning to find someone had dumped an old sofa in it?" This inferred that people regarded Skodas as rubbish skips (dumpsters in the USA?).

So, I was implying that Dacias are just as bad as the Skodas of old :lol:

The reason being that there are a great many of them driving on the roads of France. They are slow, cheap & ugly and appear to be owned by some of the most inconsiderate/bad drivers I encountered on my recent drive to the Alps and back!
Mark Shutt

Post by Mark Shutt »

I missread the title! Dacia have always been cheap, They were based on old Renault 12's back in the 80's. Still cheap so only time will tell if they have upoed their game on quality..
1988 635csi Auto Highline, Royal blue with Lotus white.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26461&p=189478#p189478