Heads up! Chasing Classic Cars on Velocity tonight

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Heads up! Chasing Classic Cars on Velocity tonight

Post by hornhospital »

Wayne Carini is after a 1987 M6 tonight on the Velocity channel at 8 pm central time. It will be rebroadcast at 11 pm tonight also. Described as be a picture perfect example. Should be interesting!
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
jps635
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Heads up! Chasing Classic Cars on Velocity tonight

Post by jps635 »

Thanks for the heads up.

Will show in NZ in a couple of years

Chris
'85 635csi JPS (RA2-66)
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

Carini had to buy two Lincolns to get the M6, a package deal. The M6 had something over 6000 miles, and was as pretty and original as the two land barges were ugly (apologies to those that like Mark IIIs and Mark Vs). The M6 sold at auction for $95,000, or $104,500 with the premium. They actually showed very little of it other than working on it to get it running after it had been in storage at "a BMW dealership for many years". Didn't even show Wayne test driving it, which is something he does to practically every car he gets before it heads to auction. I was disappointed.
Last edited by hornhospital on Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ken Kanne
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

Ok people, this is an emoticon heavy post.

I agree the episode itself was lackluster, but the price is the big news. :shock: That was a new record high! =D>

So much for the opinions that the Euro or the 88 are more desirable. [-( I have been saying for years, that the 1987 is no less desirable, and that sale price if proof positive. \:D/

Although I still hold that being the only model year with a leather dash actually makes it more exclusive. 8) Mind you that the car sold in that episode was a low mile car, and as they say, "it'll only be low miles once". Nonetheless, even our high mile cars will get a boost as the low mile options find their way into collections. Think about American classics like a Mustang GT350, or a Camaro SS and you see non-running rust bucket project cars selling for $20K or more, with with daily drivers pulling prices of $50K+. If we talk BMW, even the 2002 Tii's are selling for $40K+. Looks like finding any M6 with any kind of mileage is going to start at $50K pretty soon.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

Didn't see this listing last night, are you sure or did I miss something :-?

I realize that the times are eastern time, but they repeat the shows after 3 hours :-k

I'll look again tonight, but please let me know if I spaced or otherwise missed it [-X

:mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

Yes, it was on at 8 and 11 (9 and 12 Eastern time). I'm sure it will be rebroadcast a couple times in the next week or so. It is Episode 12 of Season 9 on the Velocity Channel. The episode name is "No choke, no smoke".

EDIT: Well, I was wrong about it being rebroadcast in the next week. I just looked over the entire schedule for Velocity through next Wednesday, and it doesn't show up. We'll just have to look for it later.
Ken Kanne
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

I have it saved in my DVR. I wonder if I can extract it somehow?

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

My brother records stuff on his DirecTV DVR and has been able to burn _some_ programs to DVD. It doesn't always work according to him, but he did burn me a copy of "Senna" when it was on a couple years ago. I can ask him how he hooks it up.
Ken Kanne