Im back! Found a six to replace the one mentioned in the last post.

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

GIR

Im back! Found a six to replace the one mentioned in the last post.

Post by GIR »

Hi all,

The six mentioned in the tale of woe post some 8 months ago, with some lucky has hopefully ended up on the correct container ship headed to Australia where I now live Where ill take some of the big ticket items and part the rest hopefully finding a home for the shell, the exercise has been incredibly expensive including 900 quid to clean it ( due to the state it was left in at the body shop)

Whilst I was away I found a facebook listing for a six close to where I live and had a mate inspect it. He has never been up close with them but is a classic enthusiast and knows where to look and gave it the all clear. Fast forward 6 months and I finally got to see it in person and boy was I surprised. I never realised how poor condition my old one really was until I sat in this one.

Its pretty much all there a few niggles but the important thing is that the body seems straight and it seems to be mechanical sound and has a 5 speed. that I need to address,
  • The passenger seat electric controls dont really work however, I have some manual sport seats in the container that I will switch it out for once they are upholstered.
    Drivers seat bolstering has collapsed and you can feel the metal bracket in your thigh but its tolerable.

AC works but only intermittently on hot days, the rest of the time it seems to be ok... Far from great but its kind of functional.
    ABS doesn't work, no lights on the dash but easily locks up under heavy braking.
It took me a week before I realised it was a slick top. Overall I am incredibly happy but would feel a lot more comfortable knowing how to resolve the ABS issue and the AC both items I have never touched before and have no idea how to go about fixing it. Any help would be appreciated.
IF your a Sydney native my plate is ISO100 so don't be a stranger.

Glad to be back.
Attachments
image (20).jpeg
image (20).jpeg (736.42 KiB) Viewed 4034 times

Re: Im back! Found a six to replace the one mentioned in the last post.

Post by 635911 »

Hi GIR,

I am in Sydney, and have done a fair bit of work to my 6, and have a bit of knowledge about mechanics around etc.

I also did the full monty to my A/C which is now freezing cold.

Not an expert, but if I can be any help, let me know.

FYI, I am near Manly.

Cheers,

Toby
1986 635 CSi Lapis Blau with Anthrazit buffalo
1988 911 3.2 231HP Grand Prix white (Sold - 13 years of Zuffenhausen fun))
1984 BMW R80 G/S Dunkel Blau
1982 Yamaha SR500 scrambler
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Welcome back GIR. She looks quite straight, more pics ?
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
Mamod17

Post by Mamod17 »

Welcome back! There's also an aussiesharks facebook group if you're interested with plenty of active members. I'm also looking at getting my air conditioning sorted so looking forward to your progress...
1980 JPS635csi Group C Tribute
1986 635csi 5speed Alpine White M-Tech Aust Del
2001 325ci Auto Orient Blue

Previous
1988 635csi Auto Zinnerbot
1988 320i Convertible