Coping With Loss

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

MrsBee

Coping With Loss

Post by MrsBee »

The holidays are a really tough time for a lot of us, okay, most of us. I, for one, have lost just about everything except my health in the last two years, including my sixer.

How do you sixer dudes cope with the holidays in a non-six related way? It used to be that I could hop in my car and drive my blues away, and it's not an option now. I find myself longing over old pictures of Grandpa Shark and moping.

Am I the only one? Is a shark the key to happiness?
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Coping With Loss

Post by baders »

Driving a nice car on a nice road trip sure has therapeutic properties. Next week I'm heading down south to see my daughter in Albany for Xmas. Will be driving my E46 M3. I can't wait !

Just having your health is a very good start. With good health you can always move on to bigger and better things.

I hope you can find some peace in this festive season.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
GazM3

Post by GazM3 »

I guess when I feel low I think there is always someone worse off than u. That makes me feel better and accept what I have.

Sad to here u have had loss(es).

I’ve had a shit of a time trying to get cars working. I had my mechanic go awol but the upside now is every car bar 1 is working for and drivable since I’ve found others.

Hope things look up for u. Perhaps do some travel or something to take your mind off stuff.
BMW’s
84 E24 M635csi
90 E34 M5 3.6
94 E34 540i/6 SC E85
97 E36 M3 euro SC U/C
97 Z3 2.8 widebody

OTHERS
11 Audi S5 3.0 SC
19 VW Amarok V6
clipper47

Post by clipper47 »

Indeed Cristmas can be a very sad time of year. My younger sister and her husband were killed in August by a drunk driver so this year will be especially sad one for her young children and other family members. I try to stay positive and rather than give unnecessary gifts to my wife and visa versa we donate time and money to help others in need at homeless shelters. It always makes me feel better to bring a smile to someone less fortunate than me so maybe doing a bit of volunteer work will help ease your sadness. As for my 6er, it is stored away for winter and I won't see it or drive it until April so that is a bit of a bummer also.
Dave
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

I've always had trouble with the emotions around Christmas. Since I'm a Christian I love the holiday, what it truly represents, but I always feel like I fall short giving to others. Like nothing I can give, do or say really carries the love i wish to express.

No, Nikki, an E24 isn't the key to happiness. No material thing is.

I read someone's signature quote on Bimmerfest: "Money can't you buy happiness, but it can buy you a yacht that you can dock next to it" :D
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
dwcains

Post by dwcains »

Sorry for your loss, but hoping you can do the best you can to get over it and feel better soon. I’ve had a tough one, too, basically being in the hospital most of this year, ut wishing for better next year. The E24 has helped me immensely, as has this forum, and it’s nice to have such a common interest among friends. Keep your chin up, and know any of us will be happy to talk, anytime.
Dean
Lutz, FL

'85 635 CSi Euro #9402254
'87 Spider Veloce
'92 Spider Veloce
'08 350Z

MrsBee

Post by MrsBee »

These responses are exactly why I love this group. It's almost as if the Big Coupe mindset is a much needed break from the rest of the internet. It makes me grateful to be able to open up and share with y'all and hear some of your stories. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a place on the internet with such genuine people.

I can't afford a yacht, I actually clean them for other people for a living, but you know what, I enjoy doing it. If a clean boat makes somebody else happy, then I'll be there doing it. That's what life is about, making other people happy and in return getting some satisfaction out of it. I think many of us stretch ourselves too thin during the holidays and forget to take care of ourselves and our own. Take this morning for example, I wanted bacon. I Made myself bacon. I was also very grateful that a) I had bacon to cook b) I had a stove to cook it on c) I don't have to share my bacon

Little things, I guess. I like the helping out for a charity idea....I might do some research into that.
GazM3

Post by GazM3 »

Enjoy the simple things. And doing good for others without expecting anything in return is always a good thing. The karma gods will look after you then.
BMW’s
84 E24 M635csi
90 E34 M5 3.6
94 E34 540i/6 SC E85
97 E36 M3 euro SC U/C
97 Z3 2.8 widebody

OTHERS
11 Audi S5 3.0 SC
19 VW Amarok V6