New Member!

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Landsnark

New Member!

Post by Landsnark »

Greetings Big Coupians!

Bryan here, just picked up a (Royal Blue)1987 M6! Zero rust, but lots of small problems. I'm in Seattle, WA and just retired 3 months ago, so lots of time to putter around with this car. My daily is a 2009 128i which I dearly love.

I've had a number of outsized 2 door cars over the years, as I really like the form factor. These include a 1988 Chevy Beretta (I'd rather not talk about that 8-[ ), a 2001 Acura CL (Type S, and I installed a supercharger), and a 2006 GTO, which I reverted back to a Holden Monaro, from whence it came. But the e24 - that's the ultimate expression of the "big coupe"!

I learned a long time ago how important communities like bigcoupe are when undertaking these kinds of projects. I look forward to sharing my experiences with the M6, as well as availing myself to the huge knowledge base here. I've been lurking for a week or so and can tell that this forum is an invaluable resource!

Also - I PROMISE to always search before asking, but I won't spend days insuring that no one has ever talked about the issue at hand :D

I'll post some pics later afer I downsize them to meet the site's requirements.
Cheers!
Bryan
-----------------
1987 M6
2009 128i
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New Member!

Post by baders »

Welcome Landsnark. Those Monaro's are now appreciating here in Oz (not made any more). Not sure how the US ones are faring.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
ozbmwnut

Post by ozbmwnut »

Welcome. would love to see some pics of your collection.
3/1986 Complianced, Aust delivered E24. Bronzit with Pearl Beige.
Garage buddies: E9 3.0 csi Polaris Silver, blue leather ; E34 M5 Alpine White, Black extended leather ; E39 M5 Carbon Black, Caramel Heritage Leather.
Landsnark

Post by Landsnark »

It's a very modest "collection"...

Here's the DD:

And here's the new toy:
Bryan
-----------------
1987 M6
2009 128i
ozbmwnut

Post by ozbmwnut »

Beautiful shark.
3/1986 Complianced, Aust delivered E24. Bronzit with Pearl Beige.
Garage buddies: E9 3.0 csi Polaris Silver, blue leather ; E34 M5 Alpine White, Black extended leather ; E39 M5 Carbon Black, Caramel Heritage Leather.
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Yep nice E24. Do you have any pictures of the GTO/Monaro ?
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
Landsnark

Post by Landsnark »

I don't own that anymore, but here's some pix from when I did. I made a serious error in letting this go after doing all the work... ](*,)

Bryan
-----------------
1987 M6
2009 128i