Lordco... Canada's version of Pep boys

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Jono B good

Lordco... Canada's version of Pep boys

Post by Jono B good »

O.K. I am ranting here but, what happened to customer service in 2018? I don't think I will ever go to a parts store where the people can't even stay on task, I step up to the counter and ask for price and availability of a ignition coil for my shark. I give him the year and all related info, then some other employee interrupts the kids' search for my part. For like 5 minutes, so I walk down the isle to look at stuff, because I feel myself being chumped off. So I come back after the Y gen interrupter kid has left. And the the guy doesn't even know what to look for he asks the other millennial kid at the front counter if he's looking for truck part? O.K. I think there is no way I am wasting another second here, and I politely say "don't worry about it dudes" And I leave, my heart filled with dread regarding our future as human race. Am alone in my fear? I keep running across this situation where kids in their late teens or mid 20's or even early 30's come across with this know it all attitude. I seriously have to ask for an older person to find the parts I want, as this happened earlier today at the BMW dealership. It drives me f@cking insane. Rant done. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
~Cirrusblau-Metallic~
87Shark

Re: Lordco... Canada's version of Pep boys

Post by 87Shark »

I feel your pain, brother. Piggybacking on your rant. Different vehicle, almost same situation. Go into a national parts chain store with the part number I need ( 2 spark plugs for an older Harley). Give the "Parts Pro" the part number and brand (Champion RN12YC, which I know they carry.) 1st question out of his mouth "What's the application?" IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!! Here's the part number, I say. He said he needs the application. Finally, I tell him its an older Harley. Response...…..we don't carry motorcycle plugs. It fits almost any chevy big block from the mid-60's thru the late 70's I can see them on the shelf behind him!!!! After a bit of frustration, a manager comes over(older gent), gives the kid a bit of side-eye and gets me the part. If it's not in their computer, it doesn't exist to them. Damn, I miss the old catalogs in the store, when people could look parts up. Rant done ](*,)
'87 L6, Arctic White
Jono B good

Post by Jono B good »

LOL I can remember the days when the parts store had ashtrays everywhere, it was like entering a old bar where they knew your name and your car, plus provided moral support as you vehicle was needing repairs ah yes those where the days! And guys who worked there had full ashtrays on the counter as they chain smoked all day hhahah! =D>

~Cirrusblau-Metallic~
clipper47

Post by clipper47 »

I really miss the women clerks at the local NAPA store but unfortunately they retired or quit after new owners took control.They would find such obscure parts such as light bulbs for the 1930's Trippe lamps on my Packard or ignition pieces for my 1947 Nash. The boxes had been lying around for years judging by the dust but they knew where to find the parts and were always friendly. They also knew how to measure a old fan belt and match it to a new one if they couldn't find a part number in the computer or parts books. The kids who work there now are friendly enough but will invariably ask me if my car has air conditioning even if I am looking for differential grease!
Dave