Production Line Picture

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Klaus

Production Line Picture

Post by Klaus »

Saw this picture posted on one of the FB groups. Was wondering if anybody knows the source or has an idea if a higher resolution file is somewhere to be found. Would really like to have this poster size for my office or garage!
FB_IMG_1543633327439.jpg
FB_IMG_1543633327439.jpg (109.58 KiB) Viewed 4107 times
Klaus
jps635
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Production Line Picture

Post by jps635 »

How things have changed

I googled BMW E24 production line and got this:

https://www.google.co.nz/search?rlz=1C5 ... 2HAY9WSVlM:
'85 635csi JPS (RA2-66)
matthewdesigns

Post by matthewdesigns »

Google Image search says "No other sizes of this image found." :cry:

Do you know of this site? https://rasterbator.net/. You can blow up any image to poster size using that site's rasterizing function. It is a cheap way to print a huge version of an image as it utilizes standard printer paper and splits the image across as many pages as you'd like. You can at least give it a shot and see how it looks blown up before dumping money into a huge glossy print somewhere.
'84 633CSi
Arctic White/Pearl Beige
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

Klaus wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:38 am Saw this picture posted on one of the FB groups. Was wondering if anybody knows the source or has an idea if a higher resolution file is somewhere to be found. Would really like to have this poster size for my office or garage!

FB_IMG_1543633327439.jpg

Klaus
that picture shows the bodies being welded up, which means it has to be in the Karmann factory; they made the bodies which were then shipped to Dingolfing to be built up into cars.

I think that is a series 1 shell; the strut top mounts are different than on later cars. Note the brace across the windscreen aperture, presumably to help keep everything the right shape and aligned before it is welded.

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

matthewdesigns wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:31 pm Google Image search says "No other sizes of this image found." :cry:

Do you know of this site? https://rasterbator.net/. You can blow up any image to poster size using that site's rasterizing function. It is a cheap way to print a huge version of an image as it utilizes standard printer paper and splits the image across as many pages as you'd like. You can at least give it a shot and see how it looks blown up before dumping money into a huge glossy print somewhere.
Thank you very much for the link, no, I did not know about that site. I printed out a few test section, and even with this low of a resolution the results are not as bad as expected, might even add to the charm of the image. Still don't have any leads on the source picture, it shows up on sharknose.de and on several pinterest collections, but no better resolution.

I agree with Brucey, it looks like relatively early cars welded together by Karman.

Klaus