Saying hello!

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Stig yes really

Saying hello!

Post by Stig yes really »

Hi there

Quick intro post. I'm a UK import in Australia, just like my first 6-Series (but I've had various M cars over the years).... a slightly rough '81 635CSi with an M90 and a 4 speed manual (converted from auto). Car needs work in most areas but just made the 1000km journey home from Queensland to the Blue Mountains near Sydney with only an electrical issue in a biblical storm, and a wheel bearing issue, just to remind me she's boss, to slow proceedings.

Within hours of arriving home I had her off the ground, trailing arms off and decent inspection done, and lengthy parts list underway.

Suffice to say she won't be a quick fix with electrical, bodywork, engine and suspension needing TLC. But I'm in no rush as my Zender widebody E30 resto-project will attest (2 years and counting). Aim is to simply repair her, improve her a little here and there and enjoy driving her.

Being an E12 based oldie I'll be straight into the suspension threads for advice (in fact that is how I found the forums while searching for solutions for shocks/springs/bushings) before accidentally ordering parts only suitable for E28 based models.

Already grateful for the info here.

Cheers

Stig
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Saying hello!

Post by baders »

Two years resto on an E24 ? Phhhhtttt, a mere blink of the eye !

Seriously, welcome Stig. This is a great forum with so much wisdom, none of it mine.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
m6dave

Post by m6dave »

Hi Stig
Welcome to Aussie E24 ownership. There are quite a few of us within an hour or two drive of Sydney so there is plenty of help and support around.
dlvad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by dlvad »

Greetings Stig & Welcome Aboard!
DV
Motorsport & Vintage Coupes
ALPINA Oldtimers of Course...
BMW-Classic CCA
Stig yes really

Post by Stig yes really »

Thank you and thank you.

Now if it would just stop being so stinking hot I'd be getting more done.

Seasons greeting.

Stig