Talk me out of a 633 for 1k

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

euromaniac

Talk me out of a 633 for 1k

Post by euromaniac »

I own a 1980 Euro Spec 635 CSI. It needs some parts and TLC here and there. With that said, I found a local 1979 633 CSI that a friend of a friend told me about (not advertised). The owner bought it in 2010 for 6k out of California. He drove it up here and it has sat outside since. Hardly driven since. 180k on the clock.

The car is 100% complete all the way around. This itself is fantastic - nothing missing. The sad part it is probably too far gone to save. Rust was minimal but the inside showed signs of mildew and rust under the seats and on all metal surfaces such as the steering column, sun visor hinges, etc. Under the hood is dirty and pitted. Just from a screw, bolt, misc parts, central locking, bits and pieces from the bay - IS THIS WORTH IT for 1k? Guy wanted 2k? The car sits on E39 17" rims with good tread. M30 motor US spec, automatic, non lsd, AC car. Car ran well two years ago according to the owner. Title is clean.

Overall a shame seeing that it would have been fine if stored inside. It took a beating sitting outside for 9 years. Thoughts?

There are a ton of misc parts I could grab to help my 635 along. Good glass all the way around too. Trim is all there. Shit! Help!
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Talk me out of a 633 for 1k

Post by Pod »

Just buy it. It’s cheap😉