Sequential indicators (UK)

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sequential indicators (UK)

Post by Pod »

Do any of our (older) UK members recall the problems we had with American Muscle Cars of the ‘70s with sequential indicators. Under Construction & Use regs. it was impossible to obtain an MOT if your car had these fitted. One had to rewire the indicators so that there was only one distinct “flash” at at time, whatever number of bulbs that were fitted. Whilst on a long road trip yesterday, I noted a significant number of new cars with sequential lights, most likely LEDs. What’s happening!
olympia57
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Sequential indicators (UK)

Post by olympia57 »

Silly fashion fad , powerful manufacturers lobby groups ,"we want this now ", jump !... law changed .... Simple ! :D
1981 635 series 1
nick88highline

Post by nick88highline »

Seen quite a few of those as well, particulary on Audi's. A very thin strip of orange LED light zooming across the cluster...just plain silly :roll:
I've also noticed how complex some of these light systems must be, for example on many cars now the front side lights either dim or turn off completely when the indicators are used....what the??? #-o
What's wrong with a bulb and a wire? The indicators on my E24 are so much clearer than these silly "video game" style lights on many modern cars... ](*,)
BMW 635CSiA (1988)
BMW i3 (2016)
Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 (2000)
Morris Minor 1000 (1968)
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Yes, one of my friends has an Audi estate which got “bumped” by an elderly woman who didn’t stop whilst coming out of a side road. Very limited damage to his front wing and headlight. Apparently a new headlight unit will cost £1500 8-[