Big problems with LMP, and Billie Boat

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Glen

Big problems with LMP, and Billie Boat

Post by Glen »

I ordered a Billie Boat stainless steel exhaust from LM Performance in October.

I was told that because it was a custom order, that it would take 3 weeks before it was shipped.
It is now February and I still have not gotten my item...and each time I contact LMP, all I get is a form letter telling me that they will forward my concerns to Billy Boat, and to expect to be contacted by them directly.

Every single time, I get jerked around, and no part, no refund, absolutely nothing in the way of customer service.

This was an exceptionally expensive piece, and I would assume at that level of purchase there would be some professionalism.
I can not begin to express my level of anger.
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Big problems with LMP, and Billie Boat

Post by hornhospital »

Have you contacted Billy Boat direct to see if LMP even ordered the system?
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
Glen

Post by Glen »

I am now dealing with Billy Boat directly.
They did receive my order, but have recently moved to a new facility, and are not tooled up for BMW exhausts yet.
Their representative has promised to keep me in the loop as far as the entire manufacture of my exhaust, right up until they ship it.

I must say, once they were made aware of my complaints, Billy Boat has stepped up as much as I think they are capable of.
The constant form letters from LMP were and are absolutely infuriating.

For what BMW enthusiasts spend on parts, I fully expect exemplary customer service.
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Living in the Phoenix area I have dealt with BB direct, I had an old system I wanted cleaned up. Bottom line is it took the close to 4 months to do but I ended up with a new system at 1/2 price. If that isn't backing up a product and good customer service, I don't know what is.

The person to talk to is Mike. He is Billy's brother and and usually give you an accurate answer Maybe you should cancel your original order, get your money back and then deal with BB direct. As I said, they are slow but honorable.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.