E24 630CS Alpina B2

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

ngrosso

E24 630CS Alpina B2

Post by ngrosso »

Hi Everyone,

Does anybody have information on the first e24 alpina, the 630CS B2? I am in the process of restoring one although Alpina doesn’t want to authenticate it because they hesitate to on cars earlier than 1978 due to the factory disorder. I have been able to identify a lot of the telling factors such as a ported and polished head, Alpina exhaust, drilled discs, bilstein, driver foot plate, exc. Supposedly 50 were made but not many survived because of the Karmann bodies and it was an unsorted car overall. When Alpina authenticates, they require the block stamp and this car doesn’t have it which is not un-heard of pre 1978 Alpina, but on the other hand, it keeps me wondering. Any info, opinions or leads on info is much appreciated.

Thanks-
Nick

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... pU5rkmRIlu
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: E24 630CS Alpina B2

Post by GRNSHRK »

Wow Nick, welcome to the madness, nothing like throwing us a screwball on your first post :roll:

Not sure about this but do have some Alpina info "somewhere", need to dig around as I just moved 3 weeks ago :-({|=

Hopefully others in the know will chime in, lots of knowledge here, so you're in the right place =D>

Looks like a great example :shock:

Fjord Blue by chance :-k

My first 6er was a '77 Euro 633, also Fjord Blue over Pacific Blue interior, with the velour inserts in the seats \:D/

Once again, welcome and congrats 8)
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
ngrosso

Post by ngrosso »

Also wanted to add the translated B2 specs from the 1977 Alpina brochure:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qQR ... Qr3YDbwMhg
Last edited by ngrosso on Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ngrosso

Post by ngrosso »

GRNSHRK wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:42 pm Wow Nick, welcome to the madness, nothing like throwing us a screwball on your first post :roll:

Not sure about this but do have some Alpina info "somewhere", need to dig around as I just moved 3 weeks ago :-({|=

Hopefully others in the know will chime in, lots of knowledge here, so you're in the right place =D>

Looks like a great example :shock:

Fjord Blue by chance :-k

My first 6er was a '77 Euro 633, also Fjord Blue over Pacific Blue interior, with the velour inserts in the seats \:D/

Once again, welcome and congrats 8)

@GRNSHRK

Thanks, it has certainly been an interesting one. It is fjord blue with a pacific blue interior also the with velour inserts in the rear. A neat color combo. Any info is appreciated, no rush. Luckily, it is a surprising clean example for a Karmann 6er. Look forward to seeing if anyone has any dirt on it. Thanks

Best-
Nick