Bimmerworld legit?

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Ethanh100

Bimmerworld legit?

Post by Ethanh100 »

I recently bought some parts from bimmerworld totaling $1400, and I got an email from their support saying for first time orders of this amount they require me to send a copy of my ID and credit card with the info blakced out except for the last 4, or if I dont want to do that I can pay through wire transfer or paypal.
I told them I dont see how that info is necessary and I would be willing to pay through paypal but my card has already been charged according to my account, So I dont want to pay through paypal having already paid for the items. They responded and said that the transaction was voided and should go away within a few days.
This all sounds a bit sketchy to me, but they seem like big retailer with lots of busienss which was confusing to me. Should I trust that the charge will be remove, is this a legit company? Or should I give them my ID, I just dont see why they would need that. Thank you
tmoretta

Re: Bimmerworld legit?

Post by tmoretta »

Hi. I don't know about your Bimmerworld billing. I do like your coupe however. My '88 M6 looks just like yours. I live in SE Ct. (Preston).
redrumm3

Post by redrumm3 »

They're legit. I've used them for years and James Clay is a solid guy. It pretty standard for them to ask this with new customers. They get a lot of fraudulent purchases and this process is for your protection as well. After your initial order the process with be like a normal transaction.

Scott
Scott Collins
80 Euro 635csi Stratosblau/Parchment
Ethanh100

Post by Ethanh100 »

redrumm3 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:03 pm They're legit. I've used them for years and James Clay is a solid guy. It pretty standard for them to ask this with new customers. They get a lot of fraudulent purchases and this process is for your protection as well. After your initial order the process with be like a normal transaction.

Scott
Thats understandable then, I went ahead with the purchase, it was just weird to me ive never had an online store ask me for that. Thank you for your input.
Ethanh100

Post by Ethanh100 »

tmoretta wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:31 pm Hi. I don't know about your Bimmerworld billing. I do like your coupe however. My '88 M6 looks just like yours. I live in SE Ct. (Preston).
Ill keep an eye out for you then
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 86_6series »

"I can pay through wire transfer or paypal."

Once I see wire transfer that raises a red flag.
I hope it's legit.
86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 86_6series »

What's the final outcome, did the parts show up?
86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3