I feel like a little kid.... How old are poeple on here???

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

How old are you pplz?

Below 15
No votes
16-20
7%
21-25
9%
26-30
9%
31-35
12%
36-40
15%
41-45
15%
46-50
14%
51-60
20%

Total votes: 136

bfons

Post by bfons »

thesixerkid wrote:On that note, how many wives/girlfriends support the sixer habit?
My wife and I still regret ever selling the L6. She was the most beautiful 6er I have ever owned :cry:
Brian

-----------------------
1984 Graphite M635 - Project Graphite - Sold
1985 Polaris M635 - Polaris - Sold
1987 L6 Black/Lotus White - My Queen has a new home
1980 633csi - Gone but not forgotten
Super Coop

Re: I feel like a little kid.... How old are poeple on here?

Post by Super Coop »

ron wrote:
GWL wrote:
Alpinesixandseven wrote:I just turn 19 in febuary and I feel like a little kid on here :shock: everyone seems to be married with children:roll:.... i was just was wondering? If there are any ladies you dont have to put your real age :wink:
I know it is unbelievable, but some of us (one at least) are over 60. :shock: :wink: :D
Two at least!! Ron.
Three :lol: looked at the stats 36 of the 59 responders are over 36, OK but who bought theirs new, I wanted one so bad new I almost bought a Tbird super coupe because it looked like the 6, glad I waited....
SprCpe

1989 635csi # 3268410

Ostatecznym maszyny jazdy BMW
Roku35

Update?

Post by Roku35 »

Well, this year, the old body will turn 45 and my mind is somewhere between 25 and 65. #-o

I was in college when these bad boyz hit the scene. It took me a good 23 years later before I pulled the trigger on my very first BMW. It had to be and will always be an E24.
Last edited by Roku35 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
1985 Euro 635CSi CR 5-Spd (Schwartz/Anthracite Buffalo)
1985 Euro 635CSi CR 5-Spd (Polaris/Schwartz)
1985 Euro 628CSi (Zobelbraun/Nutria Buffalo) ...Rehomed
2002 540iT Sport 5-Spd (Schwartz/Schwartz)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hawaiisharkfest/sets
marshy

Post by marshy »

Another young 'un here.
18 in June.
GWL

Post by GWL »

This thread is starting to make me feel sooooo ooold! :mrgreen:
PorscheDude

Post by PorscheDude »

I'll be 40 this month. #-o
I have had a a few E24's over the years. Had my first 633 back in '91 or so. I think I have had an E24 for 11 of my 40 years.
'89 635CSi Black/Silver Gray #3269085
Bilstein Sports/H&R's, ACS Type II's, 5 speed, 3.91 LSD, UUC Evo 3, Lt FW

'95 E34 Touring Blk/Blk MTech Bumpers, Euro Trim, Euro Lights, BBS RX.

Past
'86 951 Blk/Blk '94 968 Polar Silver/Black
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

GWL wrote:This thread is starting to make me feel sooooo ooold! :mrgreen:
me too... but I find it heartening that there are folk on here who are keen on 6ers even though they wern't even born when the last one rolled off the production line!

For my part I find it hard to get excited about many cars that went out of production before I was born..... so am I strange, or is it the others....?

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Brucey wrote:
me too... but I find it heartening that there are folk on here who are keen on 6ers even though they wern't even born when the last one rolled off the production line!

For my part I find it hard to get excited about many cars that went out of production before I was born..... so am I strange, or is it the others....?

cheers
I was born in 1962 so i'm 48 at the moment. I find cars made before my time far more exciting than nearly anything made in my lifetime. Vintage Rolls, Bentleys, Alvis, this wonderful Lagonda dhc etc. etc. English quality. Lovely stuff.

jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

psspt wrote:I'm soon to be 36, 2 yr ownership with my 6 and loving it.
Have a supportive wife even though she says she ranks third in line with my loves, 1. the 635 2. my lakland bass guitar 3. my hot wife. I disagree, but she says actions speak louder then words. After 15 yrs with my wife, I know better then to argue!

Jason
I might be the same way if i ever get married. ive never had the opportunity to play a lakland, but have heard great things. id love to get my hands on a 44-64 custom. im a p-bass guy, but can really stand the p-bass neck. ive got a p-bass with a jazz neck currently and cant get enough of it...all factory from fender too.

-Jeff
Masked Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Masked Man »

Hmmm, age?

While chronologically I'll turn 59 this June? I rather like a quote from the baseball Hall of Fame pitcher, Satchel Paige, who said, "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?" I reckon I'd be 26 going on 11 because like everyone else in here? When I turn the key, I'm a grinning fool! 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8)

Keep the shiny side up

Phillip
Masked Man

85 635CSi Euro
Big Brake Upgrade
Ireland stainless exhaust
Upper & lower control arms
New tie rod kit
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

I may be the oldie in the group. 70 this month
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
Stoffie

Post by Stoffie »

31 and counting, been in love with BMW's all my life, since I could walk, hear and talk.
The M88/3 was all about power, no cats. At idle the raw fuel from the exhaust will make your eyes water like an old V-8 powered muscle car's exhaust did.
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

Paul Humpage wrote:
Brucey wrote:

cheers
I was born in 1962 so i'm 48 at the moment. I find cars made before my time far more exciting than nearly anything made in my lifetime. Vintage Rolls, Bentleys, Alvis, this wonderful Lagonda dhc etc. etc. English quality. Lovely stuff.

OK maybe I should qualify what I said before; I find it hard to get excited about many cars that went out of production before I was born.... I would qualify with a comment about 'readily available in numbers for sensible money'. Only a few cars that i an think of have made it through a 'banger' phase and have become true classics in any quantity. Maybe E type jags, that kind of thing. The rest have been expensive and exclusive always or were cheap and nasty and stayed that way.

I think we are very lucky to have 6ers which are relatively cheap and readily available considering how well made, interestingly designed, and good to drive they are.

A lot of older cars look beautiful, with flowing boat-like lines.... sadly they very often steer like a boat too.....

:wink:

cheers
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I would qualify with a comment about 'readily available in numbers for sensible money
True indeed. Just think, one day if they don't rot and fizz away our 6ers will be up there with the Lagondas and Bentley Continental drop head coup?s and will be owned and cosseted by stockbrokers and bankers. A brace of 6ers on the lawn at Huntington Beach :)
GIR

Post by GIR »

i bought my six when i was 20 :) now 21 :P
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

GIR wrote:i bought my six when i was 20 :) now 21 :P
Now try and get it insured!!
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
jono

Post by jono »

I am a 1974 model that runs on beer!
gaspump

Re: I feel like a little kid.... How old are poeple on here?

Post by gaspump »

ron wrote:
GWL wrote:
Alpinesixandseven wrote:I just turn 19 in febuary and I feel like a little kid on here :shock: everyone seems to be married with children:roll:.... i was just was wondering? If there are any ladies you dont have to put your real age :wink:
I know it is unbelievable, but some of us (one at least) are over 60. :shock: :wink: :D
Two at least!! Ron.
Three, add me, 61 in 5 days.
my6er

Post by my6er »

Oh, my, I am 63 and looking forward to my second life when I retire. First Bimmer was an '80 320i, then a 533i, a long span with assorted and sundry other rides. Had my '88 635 Schwartz for 5 years now, and still get a grin when I take it out. Also have an '02 Dinan Z3 for those San Diego days when you just need more than a sunroof.
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

bpoliakoff wrote:I may be the oldie in the group. 70 this month
-many happy returns!

BTW my parts car is an '81 euro too. What do you do for a wiring diagram? Is there one available in digital form?

cheers
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Hi Brucey,

they aren't digitally available. I have an original from a factory manual. I have them copeid and blown up 130% so they are readable. I also include the key that goes with it for the switches and relays. I sell them for $12 which covers my gas and copying costs, it has to be done on a blue print type copier. I pay postage in the US, but it would be on you to England. I always have them if you get in a bind.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
69motronic83

Post by 69motronic83 »

Im 17 and feeling like i should already be in college.

I bought my first bimmer, my crappy 533i, when i was 15 and drove it around a bit last year before it died to the point that i cant figure it out.
I also owned at this time a 1969 Oldsmobile Toronado with a sport package that i picked up wrecked and fixed up.

I bought my sixer for myself on my 17th birthday right after i sold the olds and i plan to keep this car through college etc.

If anyone in seattle wants to maybe "inspect" my 6 and tell me what i should have done in therms of a summer overhaul, PM me and we can maybe set up a little pow wow.

Seany, who's bimmer(s) are 10 years older than he.
Attachments
toro.JPG
toro.JPG (161.6 KiB) Viewed 7610 times
spannerman1471

How old

Post by spannerman1471 »

I too am over sixty.That makes three.
piperbill

Post by piperbill »

So we have to turn ours in if we're over 60? Dang... just got it, too! :-k
Zieg

How old are you

Post by Zieg »

Chronologically 59 and a half Emotionally 25. My Kids are over 35. I will not turn in my 84 6'er at 60. They will have to pry the steering wheel out of my cold dead hands.

Told my wife they can bury me in either the 633CSi or the 2000 M roadster. I have had owned 83 cars at this point presently have 5 BMW's the 84 633CSi, 2000 M Roadster, 98 Z3, 2004 330Ci and recently added a rust free 82 E21 320i. This was the first model BMW I purchased new in 1980. My goal is to get to over 100 cars owned. I only wish I STILL owned most of them.

I also have two Triumph's a 74 Tr-6 and a 73 Spitfire Factory Built Racecar.