RHD M635 Register

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

gwm635

RHD M635 Register

Post by gwm635 »

Hi all,
Having now tracked down nearly all of the RHD M635's south of the equator, I am embarking upon a quest to track down all of the original 524 RHD (VIN 0760---) cars made, and creating a register of their current status.

What I am chasing is the number of the car (e.g. mine is chassis #0760252 which makes it #252), exterior colour, interior trim and colour, mileage, country of original delivery, current location, and modifications/interesting facts if applicable.

Any and all help greatfully received, either via forum or PM. If anyone is interested in a copy of what I've got so far, I'm happy to share, all it will cost you is the details of one I don't already have...

Thanks in advance
Bayerische

Post by Bayerische »

Hi Garry,

Great idea to try and track down all 524 cars, cecotto479 who is a board member also has a register going on this side of the equator. Have you also checked the M registry http://www.bmwmregistry.com/, quite a few RHD cars on there.

I will get the ball rolling with my car.

Chassis no.= 0760524
Colour = Dolphin grey
Trim = Silver grey leather
Mileage = 65000 miles
Location = Dublin, Ireland
Spec = Great Britain
Country of original delivery = Malawi

As a tax dodge by the original owner the car was officially exported by BMW AG to Malawi. The car was actually delivered new by the original owner to Jersey UK.

Regards,

Bayerische
Current:
89 M635CSi no.524 RHD
gwm635

Post by gwm635 »

Hey Bayerische,
Thanks for the reply and the info. I've managed to get the details off cecotto's site and the M registry and I've also got a few more from annoying any poor sod who's selling a RHD car as well. All in all about 70 cars, I think the rest is all hard slog from here.
Thanks again,
Bayerische

Post by Bayerische »

A friend of mine has just bought a lachs silver highline M6, it is in England getting restored before he brings it over to Ireland. I will pm you the chassis no. when I find out.

Can you confirm that 101 highlines were built? How many highlines have you got on your books?

Regards,

Bayerische
Current:
89 M635CSi no.524 RHD
gwm635

Post by gwm635 »

Thanks,
I've only got 5 highlines on the database and the earliest is #430. So there's at least 95 highlines. The latest non highline I have so far is #420 so there's no more than 104 highlines. The rumour is 101 or 2 highlines and hopefully I'll eventually find out.
This would be a lot easier if I could get mobile tradition to give a hoot.
Bayerische

Post by Bayerische »

No.427 has just been added to the M registry and that is a highline.

Pity that Mobile tradition won't help out. I thought that was their job.
Current:
89 M635CSi no.524 RHD
cecotto479

Post by cecotto479 »

've tried a similar thing here:-

http://www.m635.co.uk , but I don't have yor determination or drive to chase people up. If they find it and put it on, so much the better.

The figure of 101 Highlines comes from the build dates. There were 101 cars built after the change to Highline production.

I know of the wherabouts of no. 523 and I've just bought another mid range car, no. 219 I think.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

M635 register

Post by ron »

Hi Garry, Mine is #062. Alpine white/black interior.170,000 miles.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
gwm635

Post by gwm635 »

Thanks Gents,
I'll PM you a copy of what I've got on the register so far. Please keep me informed on 523 and 219.
What you say about the highlines makes sense. When did highline production start?
From what I can find out, none were manufactured between May '87 and Aug'87. 422 was the last car made in May then only 423 was made in August '87 and 424 in September. Then they got going again from November on.

Cheers
cecotto479

Post by cecotto479 »

gwm635 wrote:When did highline production start?
June 1987 for the '88 model year, I believe.
shakermaker

Post by shakermaker »

As soon as I get mine later this week I shall add it to the list.

:-)
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

shakermaker wrote:As soon as I get mine later this week I shall add it to the list.

Ah, that must be no. 219, then :?: :lol: :wink:
shakermaker

Post by shakermaker »

horsetan wrote:
shakermaker wrote:As soon as I get mine later this week I shall add it to the list.

Ah, that must be no. 219, then :?: :lol: :wink:
No idea, but will find out...
cecotto479

Post by cecotto479 »

No. Not 219 or the one I think is 219 to be accurate, because I can't definitely remember.

Your "sources" need some interrogation, Ivan.

All will be revealed, I'm sure.
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

cecotto479 wrote:...Your "sources" need some interrogation, Ivan.....
...with appropriate torture techniques :twisted:
shakermaker

Post by shakermaker »

horsetan wrote:
cecotto479 wrote:...Your "sources" need some interrogation, Ivan.....
...with appropriate torture techniques :twisted:
Hey! Easy on the newbie!

So is #219 the last one to find for your collection? Like the Merlin Premier League stickers? Is mine a "shiney" or not?
cecotto479

Post by cecotto479 »

No, no, Ivan as usual is putting two and two together and getting 5. I think this car is 219, but I can't remember for sure, I, or its new owner, will confirm in early course
Minty76

Post by Minty76 »

Chassis no.= 0760221
Colour = Alpine White
Trim = Black leather
Mileage = 169000 miles
Location = South of England
Spec = Great Britain
Country of original delivery = Scotland
Notes about car - standard from new, apart from Style 5's and K&N Filter. Had the Engine rebuilt including timing chain change and a whole host of other parts replaced by BMW (with a bill much to make my eyes water) when I was in the BMW Network.

If you know a friendly BMW Dealer, you can ask them to access 'VIEWDATA' and get all the original build information, namely options and cost new. From memory the codes you will need to input are: VZ8F and VZAR. I used this info prior to buying my car. Note We used to use Viewdata to ascertain which cars were GB spec and those that were not, as non GB Spec cars did not show up on Viewdata and the warranty support was different for non UK cars.

I would like a copy of what you have so far please, by PM or email.

The m635csi register never seems to work when I try and access it?

I do know that 2-3 M635 Csi's have been scrapped by FAB Breakers (no affiliation) since 2003 - perhaps worth asking them to see how many they've scrapped over the years?

Minty76
cecotto479

Post by cecotto479 »

I've put your car on. There was a database error which I've fixed. If you send me photos, I'll upload them too. FAB have no records - allegedly, I don't believe it - of the VINs of the cars they have scrapped.
Minty76

Post by Minty76 »

That is interesting as they would have had to have the V5's in order to crush the cars (most of the cars they have to crush) and inform the DVLA. Probably a bit of an effort for them to get it for you. Which leads me on to say, that as they have to be informed of all scrapped cars, surely they would have the information.

The colours of the cars I believe were crushed were 2x Zinnobar Red and 1x Graphite Grey/Black. They were disposed of prior to moving to their new premesis. Anywho.

Thanks for putting me on the register - I shall PM you the pics. Alternatively they are on the gallery on here. Reg No IUI 635.

I can't believe that there aren't more cars on your website - is there any reason why not?

Lastly if you can get the data from the OP, then these cars were most likely GB cars and this will certainly fill in the blanks.

Cheers

Minty76
gwm635

Post by gwm635 »

Thanks for the info,
I'll PM you the database shortly.

OT I know but is anyone going to Gaydon this weekend? I'm in the UK on business and am planning on heading down...
Bayerische

Post by Bayerische »

I am flying over from Ireland. It might be an idea for board members to meet up at a certain time and place. It would be nice to put some faces to names.

I have never been to Gaydon before, Is there a E24 section that we could all meet up at?

Regards,

Bayerische
Current:
89 M635CSi no.524 RHD
gwm635

Post by gwm635 »

I'm going up with some friends from the M5 board but will be spending a serious amount of time looking for and at E24's.

I'll be easy to spot, I'm 6'8", wearing a white T shirt with a 6 series on it, and (being from Oz) apparently I talk funny...
Bayerische

Post by Bayerische »

Good stuff Garry,

I will keep an eye out for ya.

Regards,

Nick
Current:
89 M635CSi no.524 RHD
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RHD M 635 Register

Post by ron »

Hi Garry, I also have #207. Zinnobar red,black interior.Allegedly 52,000.

Build date Jun.'85. Reg. date 23/08/85.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti