RHD M635 Register

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

gwm635

Post by gwm635 »

Thanks muchly,
84 found to date, keep those VIN's coming :D

BTW is 207 the one with the red Racing Dynamics wheels that sold on eBay a few years ago??
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

gwm635 wrote:Thanks muchly,
84 found to date, keep those VIN's coming :D

BTW is 207 the one with the red Racing Dynamics wheels that sold on eBay a few years ago??
That's the one.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
gwm635

Post by gwm635 »

I nearly had a go at that one at the time, what sort of condition was it in when you got it?
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

gwm635 wrote:I nearly had a go at that one at the time, what sort of condition was it in when you got it?
Amazing condition.Absolutely NO rust.When I did my'89 I had to repair

rear wheel arches/underneath rear lights/both inner front wings and

R/H front floor. #207 requires none of these.Front seats unmarked.

SI board was dead but replaced from my spares.Currently prepping.

for screens-out respray and a friend is making a black leather roof

lining.Missing battery cover and floor soundproofing.

Will post photos.

Ron.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
gwm635

I've nearly cracked 100!!

Post by gwm635 »

gwm635 wrote:Hi all,
Having now tracked down nearly all of the RHD M635's south of the equator, I am embarking upon a quest to track down all of the original 524 RHD (VIN 0760---) cars made, and creating a register of their current status.

What I am chasing is the number of the car (e.g. mine is chassis #0760252 which makes it #252), exterior colour, interior trim and colour, mileage, country of original delivery, current location, and modifications/interesting facts if applicable.

Any and all help greatfully received, either via forum or PM. If anyone is interested in a copy of what I've got so far, I'm happy to share, all it will cost you is the details of one I don't already have...

Thanks in advance
Hi all,
been really quiet on this thread for a while. I however, have still been toiling away and have found 97 cars. Anyone got some updates for me??
Bayerische

Post by Bayerische »

I just spotted this one for sale. Not sure if you have it previously recorded. Looks like a nice car and a reasonable price, if it is not suffering from the usual corrosion.

Perhaps send him an e mail and get the chassis number.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C69998

Regards,

Bayerische
Current:
89 M635CSi no.524 RHD
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Bayerische wrote:I just spotted this one for sale. Not sure if you have it previously recorded. Looks like a nice car and a reasonable price, if it is not suffering from the usual corrosion.

I've seen it, as the yard is close to my place of work in Kilburn. It has been on sale at that price for a long, long time. And nobody's biting. That may speak volumes.

The seller has at least two other standard Sixes (possibly three now) in stock that he seems unable to shift - one of them's a 1984 car with genuine Alpina 16" black-centred alloys.
gwm635

Post by gwm635 »

horsetan wrote:
Bayerische wrote:I just spotted this one for sale. Not sure if you have it previously recorded. Looks like a nice car and a reasonable price, if it is not suffering from the usual corrosion.

I've seen it, as the yard is close to my place of work in Kilburn. It has been on sale at that price for a long, long time. And nobody's biting. That may speak volumes.

The seller has at least two other standard Sixes (possibly three now) in stock that he seems unable to shift - one of them's a 1984 car with genuine Alpina 16" black-centred alloys.
I've sent them an email. Normally the car yards don't reply, but you never know I may get lucky.

The comfort interior is pretty rare, I've only ever seen 2 cars with that interior. One was a rebuilt write off that was for sale when I bought mine, exactly the same year, and colour combo...
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

gwm635 wrote:...I've sent them an email. Normally the car yards don't reply, but you never know I may get lucky....
You'll be even luckier if they think you'll buy it! Normally Rex Judd Ltd. is better known for its sizeable motorcycle showroom, service facilities, etc. They've been in the 2-wheeled trade for years. They used to be based in Edgware, but their site was hit twice by an arson attack, so they moved to where they are now in West Hampstead.

:arrow: Click here for their current car stock list. It currently shows the M635CSi still there, plus the two other standard Sixes. I see that one has been reduced to ?2499 from ?2999.

I'm almost tempted to pop down there again, but this time in my own 1983 car. Almost tempted, that is......
TimS

Post by TimS »

Garry
Got around to this at last. Mine is no 094. Registered in the UK June 86 but with a build date of November 85. Was a dealer order and sat in New Central Garage. Cobham for months according to the original owner who I bought if from. Colour is Diamond Black with Black Leather. Mileage now is 51K. I bought it in 2000.
gwm635

Post by gwm635 »

TimS wrote:Garry
Got around to this at last. Mine is no 094. Registered in the UK June 86 but with a build date of November 85. Was a dealer order and sat in New Central Garage. Cobham for months according to the original owner who I bought if from. Colour is Diamond Black with Black Leather. Mileage now is 51K. I bought it in 2000.
WOW!
2 owners & 51K miles very nice. Thanks for the info. Did you want a copy of the list I've built so far?

The only query I have is the build date. My records shows that #94 was built in March '85 is that correct? My car (#252) was built in Jun 85 and first registered Feb '86
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

gwm635 wrote:
TimS wrote:....Mine is no 094. Registered in the UK June 86 but with a build date of November 85......
....My records shows that #94 was built in March '85 is that correct?...
I think the only way to tell is to remove the M-Tech steering wheel and tell us if it is coarse-splined or fine-splined. Changeover date for that was September 1985.
gwm635

Post by gwm635 »

horsetan wrote:
gwm635 wrote:
TimS wrote:....Mine is no 094. Registered in the UK June 86 but with a build date of November 85......
....My records shows that #94 was built in March '85 is that correct?...
I think the only way to tell is to remove the M-Tech steering wheel and tell us if it is coarse-splined or fine-splined. Changeover date for that was September 1985.
or try here
http://www.bmw-z1.com/VIN/VINdecode-e.cgi
or here
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do?vi ... g=R&arch=1
TimS

Post by TimS »

Garry.
I can't remember how I thought it was built in November, I'm sure that your VIN decoder is correct. Thanks for that I will amend info when I use the parts finder. It must have sat in New Central for ages. The original owner was a character who resembled and spoke like a Mafia don. It took 2 years before he agreed to sell, and only because he sold his house as a building plot and had nowhere to store it. His parting words were "look after my car". Gulp.
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

TimS wrote:.... The original owner was a character who resembled and spoke like a Mafia don..... His parting words were "look after my car". Gulp.
Bet he meant that in an Al Pacino way! :lol: :lol: :lol:
morse

M635 RHD register

Post by morse »

Hi

Just seen the original post. I have a lachs silver highline, black leather, beautiful car, Registered 1989, I think to either BMW or L&C Tunbridge Wells as supplying dealer. Full chassis: WBAEE320500760461. Let me know what you think!
Attachments
IMG_2406.JPG
IMG_2406.JPG (225.39 KiB) Viewed 6072 times
Bayerische

Post by Bayerische »

Lovely looking car Morse and welcome to the forum.

What mileage is on it and have you had much work done to it? It looks to be in very good order. Great to see another Motorsport Highline come out of the woodwork. Lachs silver really suits the M635.

Regards,

Bayerische
Current:
89 M635CSi no.524 RHD
morse

Post by morse »

Yes, I bought it from 3rd retail owner in October 07. Shows 149k but had full top end engine rebuild at 100k by Birds. Same time Hartge chip and exhaust fitted. Previous owner ran a bodyshop and painted it himself 3 years ago. Gearbox was replaced with new Getrag unit at 120k. (Full documented history). The Alpinas were added by him too, although I have a mint set of TRX's for shows.

It really is stunning and as close to a "new" M635 as you can probably get.
gwm635

Re: M635 RHD register

Post by gwm635 »

morse wrote:Hi

Just seen the original post. I have a lachs silver highline, black leather, beautiful car, Registered 1989, I think to either BMW or L&C Tunbridge Wells as supplying dealer. Full chassis: WBAEE320500760461. Let me know what you think!
What a lovely car!! I agree with Nick Silver really looks the good on 6's.
Drillernic

Post by Drillernic »

My details:

Chassis - #186
Colour - zinnobar red (well, pink at the moment..)
Interior trim - black leather
Mileage - 119k
Location - North East Scotland
Spec- UK
gwm635

Post by gwm635 »

Drillernic wrote:My details:

Chassis - #186
Colour - zinnobar red (well, pink at the moment..)
Interior trim - black leather
Mileage - 119k
Location - North East Scotland
Spec- UK
Thanks,
you're on the list. NE Scotland? I'll bet it's cold up there this time of year
Bayerische

Post by Bayerische »

Here is another one for ya Garry,

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C73514
Current:
89 M635CSi no.524 RHD
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Bayerische wrote:Here is another one for ya Garry,

Bedfordshire. Might have a look at that if I can wangle time off work.....
gwm635

Post by gwm635 »

Bayerische wrote:Here is another one for ya Garry,

Thanks Nick,
Email sent
Bayerische

Post by Bayerische »

And another one.......

This car looks really interesting. An M635 Hartge conversion. I presume this was included in the original 524 RHD cars.

http://www.richard-shrive-cars.co.uk/De ... ption.html

Seems good value too at that price.

Current:
89 M635CSi no.524 RHD