Side trim delete

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

tazerproof

Side trim delete

Post by tazerproof »

Has anyone here deleted the black trim that runs down the side between the wheel arches? Any pics?
Last edited by tazerproof on Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GWL

Re: Sidee trim delete

Post by GWL »

tazerproof wrote:Has anyone here deleted the black trim that runs down the side between the wheel arches? Any pics?
I did not remove the molding, but I did paint the black rubber in body color on my 80 Euro. A little hard to see with the reflections though. Without that trim, I am afraid that the car would look too slab sided.
Attachments
635Csi27b .jpg
635Csi27b .jpg (311.03 KiB) Viewed 5194 times
val_c

Post by val_c »

Not mine:
german performance inc

Post by german performance inc »

:shock: interesting ,im strangely intrigued by that pic
shazbot996

Post by shazbot996 »

I'm more than strangely intrigued by that pic. I'm strangely aroused by that pic!

Any more details you can provide about your body kit? Looks almost like an Erebuni, sans side skirts? Any action shots, or link to post with the play by play of this work? I'm going to have to have my girl overhauled soon enough... this looks tempting ;)
val_c

Post by val_c »

Can't give more details, unfortunately. The car pictured was for sale a few years ago in Toronto, I was planning to go take a look, but as always, I had something more important to do and never went. Car never was shown up at any local events as well.

I just saved picture from autotrader. I talked with a few fellow members about this body kit, no one was able to point out what it could be. Some thought that it can be even modified e34 M5 bumper.
GWL

Post by GWL »

I have check old photos of the following kits for the six series. ABC, AC Schnitzer, Alpina, Design Technik, EBS, Eribuni, Gemballa, GFL, KAGO, Konig, Langenberg, LB-Design, RB Motorsport, Schuster and Zender. None of these kits look like this one. If you take parts from different kits, you might be able to come close. I suspect a custom modification for this car. :D
german performance inc

Post by german performance inc »

agreed it looks like custom rocker cover moulded and highline panel rear fender moulded ,ive seen one of thosefront spoilers before,it may have been on frank maheys car or somone like him into bmw racing,im going to check some old pics
val_c

Post by val_c »

More images with side-trim delete and e28 M535 front bumper from Javier?s BMW M6:

Last edited by val_c on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tazerproof

Post by tazerproof »

THanks for all the pics..

I'm thinking I like the no trim look although the painted trim is good, too. I'm repainting this summer, so I may make a few small changes in the body.

I really like the M535 bumper on the 6.