Alleluia.......a UK Southern Coupe Revival meeting?

Pictures and talk about the UK SharkFests with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

JohnRogers

Alleluia.......a UK Southern Coupe Revival meeting?

Post by JohnRogers »

Alleluia

I would like to propose a Southern Coupe revival meeting. (Or in fact two).

It would be nice if the format could be similar to those of a few years ago. But with less driving challenges and other complexities.

I would suggest two dates to start with. Sunday 11th April 10.30 am to about noon. Location?.an interesting venue in North London close to end of M1 and near to North Circular. Format static but with possibility of a drive afterwards.
Secondly Sunday 16th May. Same times. Location either near to M25 & M3 junctions or off M25 J9 at an interesting location south of Dorking. Again static but possibly drive afterwards.

It would be nice if this could be E24 centric in the Sharknose tradition. However if there is little interest it could be extended to the car club. But with so little BMW happening around London lots of other cars might come and there might not be much Sharknose atmosphere.

So could every body (anybody?) let me know if they would be interested in attending.

Regards, John Rogers
horsetan

Re: Alleluia.......a UK Southern Coupe Revival meeting?

Post by horsetan »

JohnRogers wrote:....Location?.an interesting venue in North London close to end of M1 and near to North Circular. Format static but with possibility of a drive afterwards.....
Ace Cafe?
JohnRogers

Post by JohnRogers »

No, better than there. But let us first see who might be interested.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

It all depends on fine weather!! Both dates sound good.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
TimS

Post by TimS »

Looking forward to April so I can tax the 6 for the summer. I can make both locations on those dates. Tim
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

JohnRogers wrote:No, better than there. ....
It had better not be Brent Cross car park.
Rob5678

Post by Rob5678 »

What about Scratchwood Services ?
Rob5678

Post by Rob5678 »

Yeah to the meet I might be interested might even have the 635 back
Motorhead

Post by Motorhead »

John, sounds great and both dates work for me at present.

Richard
'72 E9 3.0CSL #385 of 500
'89 M635CSi #480 of 524
'89 Z1 #465 of 8000
‘77 Lamborghini Silhouette #26 of 52
‘80 Renault 5 Turbo 1 #501 of 1300
spannerman1471

Post by spannerman1471 »

Hi spannerman here , I would be up for both events .
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Rob5678 wrote:What about Scratchwood Services ?
Since when has this been "an interesting venue"? :lol:
JohnRogers

Post by JohnRogers »

OK, there seems to be enough interest so I suggest we do NOT make this a car club meeting. As we are not likely to have a crowd, we can be more selective where we meet. Basis needs to be informal get together so there will be no insurance cover or other formalities in place.

What I suggest is that we arrange a meeting at somewhere interesting. This seems to be the norm with most car clubs - but not with BMW?

My proposal for Sunday 11th April at about 10.30 is in the car park at RAF Hendon - NW9 5LL - which is off the A41 Watford Way. There is a Caf? and of course the very interesting Museums. Afterwards there could be a gentle drive down to Ace Caf? if any body is interested.

Regards, John Rogers
Rob5678

Post by Rob5678 »

Sounds good to me
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

JohnRogers wrote:....RAF Hendon - NW9 5LL - which is off the A41 Watford Way....
Much too close to home. I could walk down there and give the oul car a rest. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

horsetan wrote:
JohnRogers wrote:....RAF Hendon - NW9 5LL - which is off the A41 Watford Way....
Much too close to home. I could walk down there and give the oul car a rest. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:
-you might have to; surely you are overdue an attack of electrical gremlins....?

:wink:

-uh, like the rest of us...... :oops:

I'm up for it!

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Brucey wrote:....surely you are overdue an attack of electrical gremlins....?....
Never had any..... :mrgreen: ...except when the battery went flat
JohnRogers

Post by JohnRogers »

OK here's a solution for Horsetan. Ask James for a map. That will probably add to your journey.

Oh, sorry James. But I never did reach any of your destinations..............
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

JohnRogers wrote:... Ask James for a map. That will probably add to your journey.........
...'cos ye'll be heading towards Spain.
Rob5678

Post by Rob5678 »

So Guys is this on or not ?
86C

Post by 86C »

The Highline should be back on the road by then. Funds/commitments permitting, I'd be up for one of the meets.
JohnRogers

Post by JohnRogers »

Yes Guys. Definitely to be there.
JohnRogers

Post by JohnRogers »

Interesting message received from Bill Semmes.....

Thank you very much for your email. I still have my E24, actually an US M6 and it and I are now residing in Charleston, SC. You?re right, those meetings were great and I miss them. Charleston has a BMW Club, a unit of the national club. As someone in our London group said to my wife, referring to the people at one of our meetings, ?Yes, they?re all nuts, but they?re nuts like me!?
We do have a thing over here called Sharkfest and I?m going to my second one this April. That where nuts like me get together for a weekend ? this year we?re meeting over near the BMW plant in Spartanburg and will have some interaction with the factory.
Please give my best to James and if any of you all ever come this way make sure you visit Charleston, SC, it was the only place we would come to live after 12 wonderful years in London ? drinks on me.
Best regards, Bill
Rob5678

Post by Rob5678 »

Back On Track, who is going on 11th April ?? Add your names please

1. Rob 5678
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

Rob5678 wrote:Back On Track, who is going on 11th April ?? Add your names please

1. Rob 5678
2. Brucey
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob5678

Post by Rob5678 »

Good Man Brucey !