Another Revival Meeting? Sunday 16th May.

Pictures and talk about the UK SharkFests with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

JohnRogers

Another Revival Meeting? Sunday 16th May.

Post by JohnRogers »

Another Revival Meeting?
I suggest something south of London fairly close to M25???..Denbies vineyard. From 10.30 am on Sunday 16th May.
I am attaching a note and a detailed map. The vineyard is opposite Box Hill and quite close to the Rykers Caf? car park.

It worked well at Hendon being able to meet up in a location which was reasonably friendly to wives and partners. They tell me that we should easily be able to park together. Their caf? is very good. There are excellent walks through the vineyard. But go easy on the wine tasting.
Attachments
Denbies Map 2.pdf
(119.37 KiB) Downloaded 603 times
Denbies 1.pdf
(260.32 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Not available for this, as Sundays are horse days.
boa

Post by boa »

Horsetan
you are a AMATURE :lol:

everyday is horse day :D :D :D

mrs boa
wildrider56

Post by wildrider56 »

I'll definitely be attending this one!
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

boa wrote:Horsetan

mrs boa
I can add Fridays to that.
Iainwr

Post by Iainwr »

horsetan wrote:
boa wrote:Horsetan

mrs boa
I can add Fridays to that.
...and mondays, tuesdays, et&c.

How many horses d'ye have & what breed? My girlfriend's amazed to find a guy that's interested in horses and cars! Unusual apparently!

Will try & make this one, as long as it doesn't involve driving through London, which gives me the horrors!
'99 Subaru Impreza STi-spec Sportwagon
'95 Audi S2 Avant
'86 635 CSi Manual
'86 M6
'80 Aston Martin Vantage 5.7
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Iainwr wrote:....How many horses d'ye have & what breed?
Only sharing an oul Ardennes mare at the moment - always ridden bareback by me. Previously raced a pure-bred Irish Draught, and had an IDxTB before that!

My girlfriend's amazed to find a guy that's interested in horses and cars! Unusual apparently!...
There are at least two of us.
Iainwr

Post by Iainwr »

horsetan wrote:
Iainwr wrote:....How many horses d'ye have & what breed?
Only sharing an oul Ardennes mare at the moment - always ridden bareback by me. Previously raced a pure-bred Irish Draught, and had an IDxTB before that!

My girlfriend's amazed to find a guy that's interested in horses and cars! Unusual apparently!...
There are at least two of us.
LOL, Indeed!

We've an Irish Draught mare & a wee gelded Fells pony at the mo', both on loan.

A local riding school weren't getting a "satisfactory" performance from the mare, so they clipped her for meat & were about to send her off, when Charlotte heard about it & we've now got her. She's very weak from lack of use, especially her back end, but she seems like a good sort & is putting on weight nicely.

The Fells is ridden by our 2-year old daughter. He's a bit of a naughty Thelwell type, the creature, & has proved quite adept at boinging over barbed-wire fences! We've discovered that he won't go anywhere near blue rope though, which is handy.

Personally, I prefer driving to riding & my taste runs more to heavy, feathered horses. I've been offered a nice 11 month Shire X Vanner colt that a friend needs to sell. Not sure if I want the responsibility at present though.
'99 Subaru Impreza STi-spec Sportwagon
'95 Audi S2 Avant
'86 635 CSi Manual
'86 M6
'80 Aston Martin Vantage 5.7
e24robin

Post by e24robin »

Hi Guys,

I'll try and make this too.

Robin
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

I have added this to my diary and will be there all things being equal. Missed the last event which was a pity. Good to see that John has taken up where i left off.

James
JohnRogers

Let's Drive There Together

Post by JohnRogers »

I have agreed to meet up with Godwin at 9.30 on 16th outside Hammersmith Apollo. Godwin is a pretty quick driver so it should be good fun going to Denbies together. Any body else like to join in? If so let us know so we wait for you. Include your mobile number so we can stay in touch. If you cannot get into West London, we could make another pick up along the way. I would suggest 10.00 am at the car park in the centre of Oxshott - which is just before KT22 0JP. We will go A3 and A244 through Oxshott.
spannerman1471

Denbies

Post by spannerman1471 »

Hi all , sorry I shall mis this run out ,family commitments , hope you alll have a great time all the best spannerman :(
wildrider56

Post by wildrider56 »

Havnt decided if Im going to be going to a VW event this day or to this event or try to do both.

Hammersmith Apollo isnt far from me, will confirm if I will be later in the week.
weber magic

Post by weber magic »

Hi all, I am totally up for this but have one slight hitch that I am hoping I can over come.
sohlman

Re: Let's Drive There Together

Post by sohlman »

JohnRogers wrote:I have agreed to meet up with Godwin at 9.30 on 16th outside Hammersmith Apollo. Godwin is a pretty quick driver so it should be good fun going to Denbies together. Any body else like to join in? If so let us know so we wait for you. Include your mobile number so we can stay in touch. If you cannot get into West London, we could make another pick up along the way. I would suggest 10.00 am at the car park in the centre of Oxshott - which is just before KT22 0JP. We will go A3 and A244 through Oxshott.
John i can meet you at Oxshott. There are a number of small car parks. Will it be clear.

J
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

All,

If you are coming this weekend you need to be aware of two things.

Firstly in the 50mph limit going from the M25 towards Denbies there is a speed camera which is tricky to spot so be careful.

Secondly on every Sunday opposite the entry to Denbies 100's if not 1000's of bikers congregate at the Box Hill carpark and generally do silly things. Which results in a large police presence.

As i live locally i know these things, but i thought you all should be made aware.

James
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

a special request;

if anyone has a dead master cylinder they don't want any more, please bring it along on sunday if you can- I need one to practice my stripdown technique!

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JohnRogers

10.00 am Meeting Place

Post by JohnRogers »

Oxshott Village car park - it seems to be about the post code I showed - on the A244. The car park is the one in the village just before the filling station (on A3 side / West side) on the junction with Steels Lane and Birds Hill (Ride?). Regards, John
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

John,

Will try and find you. If we can't find each other give us a call on 07946 517556.

J