E24 Meetings ? What Next?

Pictures and talk about the UK SharkFests with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

JohnRogers

E24 Meetings ? What Next?

Post by JohnRogers »

The visit to ML last weekend was very enjoyable. It emerged that almost everybody attending had not been before so it was an easy way to get comfortable with the set up there.

Forthcoming activities are?Silverstone Classic 23rd July. I will not be going. Apart from the high cost, the extremely slow entry to the site because of lackadaisical marshalling had partly spoiled for me both of the otherwise enjoyable Trax events which we attended.

Gaydon on 15th August can work quite well if you are with a Region. But for those of us on the western side of London there is no obvious place to go. I have proposed to the Car Club to add E24?s to the Classic register but I doubt it will happen this year. So at this stage I am not planning to go to Gaydon. Any thoughts anybody?

After that? Well, I had suggested another Sunday morning meeting early September, say 12th. I have an idea for a venue but does any body have any ideas they would like to suggest? Please do let us know.

And after that? Goodwood has a free breakfast meeting 7th November ?Deutsch Marques?. Although obviously a Porsche fest, if the weather is ok and the journey not too far, it could be good. I went to a meeting last summer which worked out well. If there is any interest as a Group, we could investigate.

And any other ideas for meetings?

Apart from all this, there is one other point. If you look at the Down Unders and the US postings, what do you see that we do not have? (Excluding winning at sports, having nice weather etc). Something which never seems to happen in the UK. What? Drives?. of course.

We ought to find a way to have E24 drives. It can even be done in winter. Obviously roads in England are cluttered with shoppers going shopping but it would still be good fun just having a drive. This would not of course be a race and everybody would have to have their own insurance cover. There are probably two main formats - motorways between service stations or scenic trips. As far as I am concerned either would be fine. I have some ideas on how to set this up, but what does the forum think?

Regards, John Rogers
spannerman1471

635 drives

Post by spannerman1471 »

I cant wait for a drive , September seems far too far away for me , I really woulld like a run a month does not have to be all day , either a Saturday or Sunday , perhaps am early start , brisk run and a stop for coffee , what do we all think?
crowman50

Post by crowman50 »

Hi guys, ive finally got myself signed up, well done John the ML visit was great and it was nice to meet you all again. Im well impressed with the set-up at ML it was very interesting and the staff all great. The pics look great what a lovely display of E24s, looking forward to seeing you again soon, well done, regards Martin C. =D>
spannerman1471

Drives,

Post by spannerman1471 »

Hi all, any one up for a drive this sunday, perhaps meet up at south mims services say eight thirty ,for a chat and a coffee ,then leave at 9 a run east to thrrock services on the m25 for another coffee. Or does anyone have any ideas what they would like to do ?
crowman50

Post by crowman50 »

Hi Colin, i cant make this sunday cos im working but sounds really good so if it happens have a great time, hopefully i can make the next one, look forward to seeing you all again soon, regards Martin :D
horsetan

Re: Drives,

Post by horsetan »

spannerman1471 wrote:Hi all, any one up for a drive this sunday, perhaps meet up at south mims services say eight thirty...
Not available Sundays - that's my horse day. Not a million miles from South Mimms, though, in Bricket Wood....
spannerman1471

Re, Sunday M25 run

Post by spannerman1471 »

Well guys, due to lack of interest as of Saturday the tenth the run will not take place :( . Perhaps all who read this will be kind enough to post on here, what you would like to do re meets or drives.
JCheesewright

Post by JCheesewright »

Hi is anyone up for coming to the Nurburgring with me.

I went last year in my e39 540i 6 speed and got hooked...(it was my stag do!) Anyway I want to go again around August 14th-16th in the 635 turbo.

I need at least one passenger (navigator) and anyone else is welcome to come with or without there car.

It's great fun and really testing but the 635 now has so much power and with the 325mm front brakes now fitted now also stops. I'll also have the GAZ gold coil overs fitted by then....It's last chance s after that it goes in container to be shipped home to Australia.

get in touch if you want to join me at the ring.....PS don't mention it to the wife...as I've found that going once might be OK but going agin is a very hard sell!