E24 Meetings around the M25

Pictures and talk about the UK SharkFests with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

JohnRogers

E24 Meetings around the M25

Post by JohnRogers »

So far there seem to be no sightings of the BMW Car Club magazine for January and it seems very doubtful when February might appear so I am setting out my note in its Register Report on meetings around London.

Meetings. Over the next few months .... I shall be going to Rob Born’s Riverside Brunch which is on Sunday 29th March. Several E24 owners have attended previous meetings. I am planning to arrange yet another RAF Hendon visit, probably on Sunday 12th April which will be our sixth annual visit. I am expecting to go for the first time to the Duxford Spring event on 3rd May and, once again, ACE Café will have their BMW meeting on Saturday 9th May.

Regards, John Rogers
635gav

Post by 635gav »

Hi John,

Having not been to any meets as yet, I want to make a few this year where possible. I am particularly interested in the RAF museum meet, the Ace cafe meet, and Gaydon.

Do you think a Munich Legends ramp day could be on the cards this year? I don't know how much interest there would be but the previous visit in 2013 looks as though it was popular from the photo's.

Many thanks,

Gav
JohnRogers

Post by JohnRogers »

Our previous meetings have been very enjoyable and Big Coupe has postings on many of them although I expect the images will have been dropped. It will be very nice to meet you.

I am due to make a "service visit" to Munich Legends which may be a good time to catch up with Dan Norris. Perhaps Shark owners would let me know if they would be likely to come to a Ramp Day.

Regards, John Rogers
kos

Post by kos »

i'd be up for attending a few meets but i do have a lot on this year already lol

29th is a non starter for me as i'll be up at the NEC for the classic and restoration car show on the BMW CC stand with my e24
JohnRogers

Post by JohnRogers »

It would be nice to hear about the NEC show if you could post some words and images. Regards, John Rogers
David Muench

Post by David Muench »

Hi John
I'm up for a ramp day at ML. I've got Hendon penciled in and reserved my spot at Duxford. :D

David.
David.

1987 M635 Highline
2014 Mercedes B180CDi
2013 Fiat 500 C
Honda Pan European 1100
whiskeydry

Post by whiskeydry »

Hi John
I can't make the 29th I'm afraid, but planning to be at Duxford again and definitely up for another ML Ramp day, if it can be organised.
All the best
Phil
Current
1985 RHD M635csi #128
1999 E36 M3 Evo Convertible
2010 E91 320d Touring

Previous
E32 735i
E28 525E
E24 635csi
E28 525i
kos

Post by kos »

JohnRogers wrote:It would be nice to hear about the NEC show if you could post some words and images. Regards, John Rogers

with pleasure

i have a plans of doing more with the CC this year as well

you still looking after the 24 register ?
JohnRogers

Post by JohnRogers »

KOS I am carrying on with BMW Car Club Register Secretary but would be happy to hand over or share with anybody who is interested.

BTW ..........Very pleased to see that Richard Baxter has just announced he is appointed BMWCC Chairman. A great improvement. In his opening posting on CC forum he recommends "Sunday Brunch" meetings - which is the format we have mostly followed for our E24 meetings.

But any meetings at all organised by anybody would be most welcome.
kos

Post by kos »

JohnRogers wrote:KOS I am carrying on with BMW Car Club Register Secretary but would be happy to hand over or share with anybody who is interested.

BTW ..........Very pleased to see that Richard Baxter has just announced he is appointed BMWCC Chairman. A great improvement. In his opening posting on CC forum he recommends "Sunday Brunch" meetings - which is the format we have mostly followed for our E24 meetings.

But any meetings at all organised by anybody would be most welcome.
It's a fantastic appointment and a step in the right direction