Ottershaw to Munich Legends Easter Drive/Rally 16/4/2006

Pictures and talk about the UK SharkFests with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

sohlman

Ottershaw to Munich Legends Easter Drive/Rally 16/4/2006

Post by sohlman »

Hi All,

First meeting of the year where we can use our cars. . Everyone is welcome. The more the merrier.

Please e-mail me for a Word document with tulip style directions if you want to attend.

Sunday 16th April 2006. Rearranged Munich Legends Meet due to securing the above show. This will commence at Ottershaw public car park at 10:30 am where drivers will drive to the Squirrel Inn via turnpike style directions for about 40 mins. We will then stop for a quick lemonade before departing to Munich Legends for the second leg of the journey of around 50 mins were we can eat in the Red Lion. We should be able to meet up with Barney and the gang and will get a good drive in. I will need prior notice to photo copy the required number of route mats and I advice you bring maps with you.

See you all there and if you can have a co driver thats a good thing.

James
86C

Post by 86C »

If you could pretty please, just bring me a sheet on the day as I've no printer here :roll:
Booked a room at a place near Chertsey for the night on Saturday so I don't have to get up at an unearthly hour :D
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

Wow,

That is comitment. I will print you out a copy although you can just follow me if you prefere.

My cars going in tomorow for a new cold start valve

James
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

Cold start replaced,

Car checked.

Car cleaned and polished

10 route plans printed

I am ready to go.
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

I'm working 12 hour nights picking up Bank Holiday drunks out of the gutter :evil: Have a good meet :D
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Sohlman wrote:Wow,

That is comitment....
....or obsession :lol:

The first year after my '83 was refurbished - 2003 - I was pretty anally-retentive about attending meets. Nowadays, I really don't have that kind of spare time...not with Rory demanding attention and carrots in equal measure :)
86C

Post by 86C »

Was a good day out. Quite a sight to see several 6ers in convoy 8)
Took a few piccies so will post some when the other half uploads them somewhere.
Racked up about 370 miles this weekend in the 6 and bar one minor little blip, was trouble free :D
Thanks again to James for organising it!
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

Am glad you enjoyed the day.

I will post up the photos and write up a review in the next couple of days. Am looking forwards to seeeing the convoy shots as i did not get to see any of these being that i was leading the pack.

James
86C

Post by 86C »

Few pics from the day :D
86C

Post by 86C »

And there's more :lol:

Enjoy 8)
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

good work there! (nearly frazzled my poor old modem, but well worth the wait....)

Nice day out, no major traumas, can't be bad. My car did about 400 miles over the bank holiday weekend, and didn't miss a beat (bar a false brake light failure warning, must clean those furry connections.....)

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Ah, I see he's finally dumped the 628, then...... :roll:
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

The 628 was totalled after some nice person decided to mount it with their car.

So this very nice 635 is it's replacement.

James
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Sohlman wrote:The 628 was totalled after some nice person decided to mount it with their car....
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
dnd

Post by dnd »

i really ejoyed watching all these pictures!
thanks!
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Can you spot which car has the illegal numberplate? :shock:

(To answer this, you need to know the DVLA regulations!)
uncleestevan

Post by uncleestevan »

middle one

silver on black is only allowed on pre 197(not quite sure)
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

uncleestevan wrote:middle one

silver on black is only allowed on pre 197(not quite sure)
Pre-Jan 1st 1973

86C

Post by 86C »

Few more pics...
Room for a little one???
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

The pictures look great.

Is it possible that you e-mail me the pictures as i need to write an article for the club magasine and my photos have no action shots and are not that great.

James
86C

Post by 86C »

Just 'right click' and 'save' the pics straight off here. I don't have these in my PC as they have been hosted by someone else...