Brooklands Retrospective

Pictures and talk about the UK SharkFests with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

horsetan

Brooklands Retrospective

Post by horsetan »

Technically the prize for furthest-travelled should have gone to this entrant:

...who had shipped his US-spec M6 over from the States.....

...whilst this:

must rate as something of a bargain. A clean M635CSi which cost its owner just four grand.... Ever get the feeling life just isn't fair :?:
UKDaveJ

Bargain M635csi

Post by UKDaveJ »

That UK M635csi was indeed a fantastic bargain..., just wish it was my bargain :D :roll:

Mind you, am very happy with mine!
horsetan

Re: Bargain M635csi

Post by horsetan »

UKDaveJ wrote:That UK M635csi was indeed a fantastic bargain..., just wish it was my bargain :D :roll:

Dave, would you like a copy of the (un)official Sharkfest photo CD :?: :wink:
UKDaveJ

Re: Bargain M635csi

Post by UKDaveJ »

horsetan wrote:
UKDaveJ wrote:That UK M635csi was indeed a fantastic bargain..., just wish it was my bargain :D :roll:

Dave, would you like a copy of the (un)official Sharkfest photo CD :?: :wink:
Yes please Ivan! :D
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

On its way, Dave :!: :D

Meanwhile, no prizes for guessing who this

belongs to....

This:

is the property of a very private individual, David R. Cornell. One of just 12 M635CSi "Motorsport" RHD cars to come off the assembly line at the end of production in 1989, it not only had the usual 27 square meters of cowhide in the interior, but the trunk / boot area was ALSO lined with leather, unlike "ordinary" Highlines.

Boasting 292bhp (as opposed to the M635CSi's standard 286bhp) when new, David Cornell has uprated it even further, but I cannot remember whether current output is either 300 or 340bhp..... :shock:
UKDaveJ

Yum yum

Post by UKDaveJ »

Why is David Cornell such a private person? Not a judge is he?!!
His car is a stunner - I'm not at all envious! 300+bhp, nice!

Didn't quite understand the reason for James' car being in that post? Am I missing something really obvious?

Mine will never be concours, but I will get it to as good a standard as I can. Have um'ed & ah'ed regarding a manual conversion, but have decided to leave it alone for the time being.

Dave
kevs635csi

Post by kevs635csi »

where's mine in all that , i won the oscar for the furthest travelled :wink:
horsetan

Re: Yum yum

Post by horsetan »

UKDaveJ wrote:Why is David Cornell such a private person?
When he displayed his car at the Donnington Park show in October 2002, he was very particular about who he allowed to come near it.....
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

kevs635csi wrote:where's mine in all that , i won the oscar for the furthest travelled :wink:
Here ye are, so :!:

How was the champagne :?:
kevs635csi

Post by kevs635csi »

still in the fridge :lol:
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

kevs635csi wrote:still in the fridge :lol:
Get it out

*hic*
UKDaveJ

Compilation compare....

Post by UKDaveJ »

8) How you getting on with putting the Brookfest pics together Ivan?

Am looking forward to seeing the CD!

How much are you going to charge our overseas forum members for a copy??!! Can't imagine many North Americans not wanting a slice of our motor-racing history........, well with our cars' on the history, so to speak!!
horsetan

Re: Compilation compare....

Post by horsetan »

UKDaveJ wrote:8) How you getting on with putting the Brookfest pics together Ivan?

Am looking forward to seeing the CD!
Coming! Coming!
How much are you going to charge our overseas forum members for a copy??!! Can't imagine many North Americans not wanting a slice of our motor-racing history........, well with our cars' on the history, so to speak!!
Apart from the Forum moderator, no one else in the States has requested a copy.....