horsetan

Post by horsetan »

boa wrote:...i have too...
Is that "to", "too", or "two" :?:

Sorry...just messin' with ye there :wink:
Drew

Post by Drew »

wos up then?

I've been avoiding this thread whilst I was working on getting the engine back to top fiddle, now all seems well there I'm back on course for Silverstone. Jobs to do include brake bleeding and a new alt to fit.

I see that Steve has lost his driving licence* (where did you last see it? :wink: ) and Ivan has a hole in his roof. Things move fast around here!!

so anyway, where is Silverstone?

* lost as in mislaid rather than the other 12 pointer option :lol:
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Drew wrote:...Ivan has a hole in his roof...
Contrary to what people might think, could I just point out that this patch is not yet a hole.

Drew wrote:...so anyway, where is Silverstone?....
&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf] :arrow: Click here for map

CLICK HERE for specific details about Trax on 2nd September
boa

Post by boa »

well what can i say :lol:

i have mislaid the driving lience :oops:
i dont remember getting it back the last time i lost it driving 130mph on the m11 :wink:

and horsetan i have got your passenger pass sorted out, (now we know its for a human and not billy, as my daughter thought)

and we have managed to get another vechile pass for gary (no26)
who is bringing his 6er along, sorry i don't now his surname but my daughter says his very posh on the phone!!!!!

thanks to horsetan for putting up the link for trax this should answer alot of questions you have??????

i would imagine alot of work is going on with the 6ers at the moment, i have been doing lots of little jobs on mine (which is driving the wife mad), especailly when i nicked all the tooth brushes and ear buds out of the bathroom 8)

speak soon guys
boa
drjim

Post by drjim »

Boa

You should still have time to get a replacement licence issued from DVLA - you need to fill in a form which you can get from the post office.

JIm
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

boa wrote:...i would imagine alot of work is going on with the 6ers at the moment...
Not really. I gave it a wash, shampoo, rinse, and laid down the first coat of polish on Sunday. This was the day after getting kicked by Billy and ending up in Watford General Hospital :( - didn't tell them about the resultant lump on the right side of my head / suspected fractured skull...
drjim wrote:....You should still have time to get a replacement licence issued from DVLA - you need to fill in a form which you can get from the post office.
Filling in the form's the easy part. What will scupper Steve at this stage is the waiting time for it to be processed by the DVLA....and they can be slow. :(
drjim

Post by drjim »

horsetan wrote: Filling in the form's the easy part. What will scupper Steve at this stage is the waiting time for it to be processed by the DVLA....and they can be slow. :(
I said the same to my wife when she finally changed her name on her licence/passport two years after we got married, but as most of the punters were on holiday, they both came back in under two weeks.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

uk sharkfest

Post by ron »

If anyone needs parts (smallish) let me know and I'll see what I can bring

to Silverstone.

Ron.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
AndyS

Post by AndyS »

What time do we have to be at the show?
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

AndyS wrote:What time do we have to be at the show?
Early. Which I guess must be about 8am onwards.....
boa

Post by boa »

Hi fellow 6ers

drjim: i have sent for my new licence today, but its far to late for track time :(

ron: great idea taking and selling a few spare parts

horsetan: i hope you recover from your riding injuries (is billy ok)

andy s: its early (i have been looking at your car today in the magazine she looks great)

the show cars need to be in silvertone by 8.30am before the doors open to the public, as quoted before there is 160 different clubs going, which adds up to alot of cars.
i will be at silverstone by 7 o'clock in the morning, the only good thing about getting up at that god forsaken hour is the roads are empty and i can enjoy a good fast drive :wink:

it is a long day but as long as the sun comes out it should be a good day, i know i'm looking forward to meeting you all,

speak soon
boa
B9 Coxy

Post by B9 Coxy »

Damn, that's early!!

It's 77.7 miles from my house
so about 1hr 20 drive although most of it is Sunday morning motorway so I'll probably slash a few minutes off that time!!! :lol:
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

boa wrote:...horsetan: i hope you recover from your riding injuries (is billy ok)...
Billy's fine and has no lasting memory of the damage he inflicted.

I'll be back in the saddle on Friday night. Have progressively removed the hospital plasters. If anyone wants to see leaking blood, suppurating wounds and artistic-looking bruises, I can post up some photos here....

B9 Coxy wrote:Damn, that's early!!
Think I've miscalculated. I wasn't planning on getting out of bed until about 7.30am......

Hmm, Carlton will be pleased when I tell him he's actually got to be here for 6am if he wants to occupy the passenger seat :lol: :lol: :lol:
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

horsetan wrote: If anyone wants to see leaking blood, suppurating wounds and artistic-looking bruises, I can post up some photos here....
Ok by me, but I'm pretty sure drjim and I have seen worse - shall we tell you :shock:

horsetan wrote:
B9 Coxy wrote:Damn, that's early!!
Think I've miscalculated. I wasn't planning on getting out of bed until about 7.30am......

Hmm, Carlton will be pleased when I tell him he's actually got to be here for 6am if he wants to occupy the passenger seat :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm cheating the system - I'll be down in Coventry the night before - but it's not all smiles - I'm at the Mother-in-laws :shock: :twisted: :wink:

See you all there - are we going to start another thread with a 'needs' list - I've got a couple of bits spare now but after plundering Ron's sheds the other week I'm nearly ok - I think..... :? :D
Drew

Post by Drew »

sharkfan wrote: See you all there - are we going to start another thread with a 'needs' list - I've got a couple of bits spare now but after plundering Ron's sheds the other week I'm nearly ok - I think..... :? :D
ah, yes Ron's famous cave of glittering delights. I'll have a good think on this but I think Brucey sorted me out from his parts car.

I have a few bits n bobs to share too: steering wheel, brake parts (servos, m/c), an alternator, any bits for a head rebuild except valves and springs, a windscreen too, not sure how I'd fit it in though!! indicator lens.... This is all series 1 gear though, so not much use to many of you :cry: Anyway, we can have an E24 car boot sale :D

I had a look at the route and I think the A413 out past Aylesbury look like fun at that time on a Sunday, more entertaining than the M1 or M40 anyway. If anyone coming out from London fancies meeting up for a early morning blast through the Buckingamshire roads let me know
drjim

Post by drjim »

Well it looks like having decided to come, paid the ?10, sent the car for fixing (still not heard back, but I think it's just sitting in the garage waiting for them to get round to it!), and convinced SWMBO that I would be attending, I am now not going to be able to come.

As mentioned previously Mrs Drjim is pregnant, but insists on holidaying in the near future. We are going to Italy at the start of September, but it is looking like Sunday 2nd is the only day we can go on. I was aiming to go a few days later, but I have a court case that I am an expert witness for, and have to be back earlier than originally planned. SWMBO is not allowed to fly after end October, and with all my work commitments I have to fit this in.

So if there is someone else after a place, they can have mine :cry:

At least I should have a fully usable 6er soon!

Jim
boa

Post by boa »

sorry you can't come
good luck anyway with baby on the way,

if any one esle wants to come please let me know????

does anyone have a dizzy cap COVER that they need to part with
if so let me know???????
mines knackered please help (vor :lol: )

boa
boa

pics

Post by boa »

its amazing what you can do with a couple of tooth brushes and some ear buds :lol:
Attachments
i have gone over the top?????<br />maybe!!!!!!!!!!
i have gone over the top?????
maybe!!!!!!!!!!
DSCF5808.JPG (63.67 KiB) Viewed 7349 times
boa

pics

Post by boa »

and heres another (not very good with the camara, hopefully you guys at silverstone can take a better picture than me) :wink:
Attachments
another one!!!!!!!!!!!
another one!!!!!!!!!!!
DSCF5811.JPG (45.43 KiB) Viewed 7346 times
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Could you do the engine bay of my car, Steve? It's looking a little dusty.... :wink:
ron wrote:If anyone needs parts (smallish) let me know and I'll see what I can bring
Ron - would you have the rubber "cap" that goes over the ignition coil contacts?
Drew

Post by Drew »

Steve, I have a complete HT set (the used bits I replaced off my car when it had "issues") which I'll bring along. The dizzy contacts are quite worn though, not sure which is the cover you need. Anyway, you can have the lot if you clean my engine bay!!

:wink:

Ivan, this set has the rubber cover too, although see if you find another as it does have a small tear
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: REPLY

Post by ron »

does anyone have a dizzy cap COVER that they need to part with
if so let me know???????
mines knackered please help (vor :lol: )

boa[/quote]

In the post. Regds. Ron.
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
Drew

Post by Drew »

How am I supposed to get my engine bay cleaned now???
:lol:
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

engine bay

Post by ron »

Drew wrote:How am I supposed to get my engine bay cleaned now???
:lol:
Bring it down.I've got a steam cleaner!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
horsetan

Re: engine bay

Post by horsetan »

ron wrote:...I've got a steam cleaner!!
And an team of eager Kosovan Albanians? :wink: