E24 Coupe events 2007

Pictures and talk about the UK SharkFests with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

sohlman

E24 Coupe events 2007

Post by sohlman »

Yes i know it's late in the year to publish this.

Mucho apologies.

Have got a wide selection of vents at a range of locations. Please see below: -

Coupe / E24 Events 2007

24th ? 25th February 2007 Alexandra Palace Classic Car Show. Representing the BMW Car Club the coupe and 02 registers have a small selection of cars including a 1973 3.0CSL, a 2002 Turbo, An Alpina B7s Six series and a M635csi.

Sunday 18th March Ottershaw ? Munich Legends run. Rendezvous at the Ottershaw public car park just off Junction 11 of the M25 @ 10:30am. Hear you will be given a route map guide. You will then have an enjoyable 2 hour + drive through the surrey and Sussex country side with a stop off at the Squirrel Inn on route. Please phone 07946 517556 if you plan to attend to keep photo copying costs down.

Sunday 15th April. Mercedes Benz World visit at Brooklands being organised by the South East Region. For full details have a look at www.bmwcarclubse.co.uk .

Sunday 22nd April Duxford War Museum. Join the 02?s on this festival of British Historic Vehicles. Entry is ?20 on the gate for this excellent day out. For more information contact [email protected].

Sunday 22nd April Concourse preparation day @ Gaydon Motor Heritage Centre. For those that can?t make Duxford and live up at the other end of the country, John Drake club member and Zymol dealer and concourse expert will be sharing his knowledge. The day starts at 10am and finishes at 4pm. Contact: - John Drake 01590 645623

Saturday 12th May. Ace Caf? North London BMW Car day starts at 11am. Visit the famous caf? just off the North Circular. Expect a busy turnout so advice to arrive early.

26th ? 28th New Historic Festival Brands Hatch . Richard Stern has organised a Club stand once again and fingers crossed the weekend will prove to be dry unlike last year. It?s likely there will be half priced tickets and possible track time. For more information contact: - www.motorsportvision.co.uk or [email protected]

TBA:- E24 photo shoot with Total BMW @ Bruntingthorp. I am awaiting response from Total, but plan to get a date in the diary for a massive E24 six series gathering. As always spectators will be welcome. Watch this space.

Sunday 10th June. London ? Brighton Kit and Sports Car Run. The day costs ?75 per car and includes driver and co-driver. The start is at Hampton Court Palace and ends o Madiera drive which will be closed. Contact Andrew Greenwood on 01527 871150 or visit their web site at www.classiccarrun.com

Sunday 24th June. Goodwood Festival of speed. Organise your own tickets and meet up early at 8am at the Devils Punch Bowl public car park. We leave at 8:30 sharp for the drive down to watch some of the most amazing cars on the planet. A great day out.

Sunday 15th July. Newlands Corner. Meet at 12 noon in the large public car park. See each other cars, look at some nice bikes, grab a burger and then have a slow drive down to box hill to see the rest of the bikes and no doubt police nicking them.

Sunday 5th August. Goodwood German cars Breakfast Club. 8:30am ? Midday. An early start but well worth the effort. For more information conact look at www.goodwood.co.uk/breakfastclub or call 01243 755060

Gaydon. Do I need to say anything else. Date to be confirmed

15-16th September Cotsworld Classic Car Run and Music Weekend. I did this last year. Great weekend. Drive all day Saturday through amazing country side and stay the night at a stately home. Posh dinner on the Saturday night and then play a bit of Golf on the Sunday before going home. The cost is ?240 for a car with 2 people. This includes pre dinner drinks, dinner, accomodation and breakfast and all entries into sites on the route. For more information contact: - Greenwood Exibitions on 01527 871 150 or visit www.classiccarrun.com
cecotto479

Post by cecotto479 »

Excellent. Great to see more and more events in the North and Midlands. If we keep this rate of progress up, there might even be events north of Watford Gap by 2012.

And you wonder why the BMW Car Club GB pisses people off?
jrcalvin

Post by jrcalvin »

Wow! You guys have a lot of interesting events scheduled. We shoud be so jealous! If it wasn't for the almost $2.00USD to 1.00GBP and the kind of moisture that consumes front fenders, etc, it would be worth a go....
Robmw

Post by Robmw »

Well done James
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

cecotto479 wrote:Excellent. Great to see more and more events in the North and Midlands. If we keep this rate of progress up, there might even be events north of Watford Gap by 2012.

And you wonder why the BMW Car Club GB pisses people off?
If you want events north, organise them!

Thats why I organise events as nothing was going on when i joined the club. Seeing as i live in the south it's hard for to to organise outside of my area. I am all for supporting some northern events.

If you have a problem you can be in one of two groups of people. Those that complain or those that do something to change things. For me i am not a fan of politics. The club is a forum to finding like minded people who share an interest in my car as is this web site.
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

cecotto479 wrote:....If we keep this rate of progress up, there might even be events north of Watford Gap by 2012.....
*hollow, ironic laughter* :lol:
cecotto479

Post by cecotto479 »

Sohlman wrote:
If you want events north, organise them!
But I'm not chairman of the E24 section of the BMW Car Club GB

If you're organising them as James Sohl from London, then fabulous, good on you, more power to your elbow, I'll try to get to as many as I can and I apologise unreservedly.

Sohlman wrote: Thats why I organise events as nothing was going on when i joined the club. Seeing as i live in the south it's hard for to to organise outside of my area. I am all for supporting some northern events.

If you have a problem you can be in one of two groups of people. Those that complain or those that do something to change things. For me i am not a fan of politics. The club is a forum to finding like minded people who share an interest in my car as is this web site.
Please don't get defensive James, I have said before and I repeat again, that any criticism is not of you, but the club. I recognise all the time and effort you put into it.

You are chairman of the E24 thingy in the BMW Car Club GB. That list of events are all presumably BMW Car Club GB events? Again, presumably the UK club sanctions that list of events as the BMW Car Club GB official E24 events for 2007?

If all of that is correct, then it reinforces the impression of arrogant indifference that, in my view, the BMW Car Club GB displays towards all its dwindling collection of members, not just those north of Watford Gap.

That arrogant indifference perhaps goes a long way to explaining its dwindling collection of members.

It's all E60s and wine tasting instead of E24s and black pudding tasting.

Let's look at your list of cars confirmed for your Total BMW Magazine shoot. I reckon that perhaps about one quarter of them would be northern and for the GB club to happily publish a list of 13
events without one event where those people can attend without a minimum 300 mile round trip is an absolute disgrace.

Although all of this is perhaps a bit disingenuous because I wouldn't cross the street to attend a BMW Car Club GB event. It is however relevant, because I used to be a member and decided not to renew. Perhaps if they stopped to consider that life exists outside the Home Counties, I and many others would still be members.

That having been said, I hope all of the events you organise this year and every other year are successful and well supported, because I do recognise the enormous amount of time, effort, energy and expense you freely put into the organisation of these things. I just don't think the club does you any favours.
Last edited by cecotto479 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robmw

Post by Robmw »

Gaydon has been chosen by BMW Car Club , I expect later there will be a replacement Donnington event . I appreciate that London is not the centre of the UK but please bear in mind Cornwall is 300 miles from london. 6 register has been at the NEC Classic Car stand in October at least the last two years

Regards Rob
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

cecotto479 wrote:....I just don't think the club does you any favours.
Has it ever knowingly ever done anyone any favours? :wink:
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

The club can give off the wrong impression from time to time, but most member are just trying to do there thing.

Whether i was in the club or not i would be organising these events. The fact that i have been made E24/coupe thingy is neither hear nor there.

All events i have organised and attended with the exception of Gaydon and Silverstone are run by me or other people and whilst the club gives there name sake support they do not support me or anyone else in any other way.

Take the NEC that i have done the last two years with Ross. The club did not want to do a stand as they could not see a finantial benefit. Myself and Ross decided there had to be a BMW presence and so organised and paid for the stand ourselves. Now u can think the club should take more effort and involvement on this and whilst this may be true, us going down there and flying the flag is what being a part of a club is all about.

Don't get worried about the club it's irrelevant. I would love to have more events north of Watford, but someone has to step up to the plate and do it as i can't afford any more time then i already give.

If they then want to be called coupe / E24 thingy then thats fine with me to. I am not worried and don't do this for title or ego.
86C

Post by 86C »

Might see if I can get to the Duxford meet up.
Depends on how bored of welding I am that week :roll:
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

Duxford should be fun. If we ae lucky we might get to see a Spitfire and that beautifull Merlin Rolls Royce 22 litre supercharged engine.

Dribble Dribble.

I will find out some more details of this and Brooklands and and post up. I know that there will be a load of 02's going to Duxford.

James
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Sohlman wrote:If we ae lucky we might get to see a Spitfire
If you do can you please get some pics or video - my grandfather was a spitfire mechanic during the war.
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

I will bring the camera with me.

In want a spitfire engine as a central ornament in my lounge.

J
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Sohlman wrote:....I want a spitfire engine as a central ornament in my lounge.
By this, are you hinting that your new lounge is big enough to house one?
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

Just about