News from the "Sohlman"

Pictures and talk about the UK SharkFests with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

horsetan

News from the "Sohlman"

Post by horsetan »

Hi All,

After remaining quiet for a while since Brooklands I thought it was time to give you all a bit of a progress report on coupe and six series related things.

Firstly I have made some further links with www.bigcoupe.com and they have now produced a very nice 6 series metal and enamel pin. I have purchased 15 of these and they are available on a first come first serve bases. I will be selling them at cost, but have had them all delivered to my house so we only pay US postage once.

Secondly I have entered discussions with Miltek the exhaust manufacturer. They supply performance exhausts to a number of the top manufacturers including Porsche, BMW and Ferrari. They are considered the best exhausts by many enthusiasts and the E30 M3 boys swear by them. Anyway there exhausts are generally not cheap and they don't make exhausts for the six However if 15 people are interested there exhaust cost would be between ?500 and ?900 depending on how complicated there construction would be. There main premise is gaining more power from the car, but are open to design the exhaust to whatever needs we the enthusiast wants. Please bear in mind that a one off system from them would normally cost somewhere around ?3000 so this is a significant saving. Anyway in order for this project to continue I need 15 people who are prepared to put a ?100 deposit. I will then aid them and supply my car for one month in order that they can develop a system. The exhaust would be available to both M635's and regular 635's based on a E28 chassis.

Thirdly there is a company in the USA that is developing a front wing mud guard that prevents dirt and moisture getting into the Achilles heel of sixes (The front wings) and should significantly increase the length of time a wing could remain on a car before the Rust starts to become a problem. If you have new wings and want to protect your investment, these seem a modification worth considering. Anyway through bigcoupe.com we have entered discussions and there likely cost would be around $150 plus $50 postage. Anyone who would like more information on this should contact me and I will pass on the relevant details.

As for events for next year I am currently planning a number of meets, visits and events. My plan would be to have 3 pub meets a couple of group drives and possible 3 visits to the Khomo championship to support Brian Jordan who is racing next year in his M635csi. There is also the possibility of going to Le Mans and of course the Sharkfest that will most likely be again at Brooklands. Any comments and suggestions would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards

James Sohl
Southern Coupe Organiser
BMW Car Club
UKDaveJ

Better late than never......

Post by UKDaveJ »

The inner wing/fender shield info a tad late, the cut-off was yesterday from what I gather.....! :wink: :roll: :D

Well done James, keep it up!

Dave 8)
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Considering his original e-mail only landed in my Inbox today, "better late than never" :roll:
UKDaveJ

yeah, but the rest of the content was on the money!

Post by UKDaveJ »

horsetan wrote:Considering his original e-mail only landed in my Inbox today, "better late than never" :roll:
Great news contained within his email though.

The Milltek exhaust project sounds superb, but as the Highline system is (to the best of my, er, limited knowledge..) significantly different to that of the 'standard' E24 based 635 exhaust system, I'm wondering how Milltek will be able to sort that out, as James clearly doesn't have a Highline.

The events side looks very good. If the Brookfest can get anywhere near the quality (re - sun, very hot for the UK..) of last year, then it will be spot on. Just got to work out how to drive two 6's down next year......, however did Ross do it....??!!

A trip to Le Mans sounds on the money, although I'd have thought that a few trips around the Nordschliefe would be even better, maybe we could even get Clarkson to do a 'feature' on us! :roll: :D :D

Seriously what I said earlier was meant, well done James.

DAve 8)
horsetan

Re: yeah, but the rest of the content was on the money!

Post by horsetan »

UKDaveJ wrote:.....Just got to work out how to drive two 6's down next year......, however did Ross do it....??!!....
Having a brother helps.....