6 series meetings

Pictures and talk about the UK SharkFests with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

6 series meetings

Post by Guest »

new her so hello all
is the any meets for 2005. is there a uk 6er club. any good place for seconhand parts in the south of england?
carrie

Post by carrie »

sorry posted before loging in (bad intro) :oops: :oops:
UKDaveJ

Welcome to the forum carrie!

Post by UKDaveJ »

carrie wrote:sorry posted before loging in (bad intro) :oops: :oops:
Hi Carrie,

Suggest you email 'sohlman' (James Sohl) off this website.

He is heavily involved with BMW Car Club (UK) & the Coupe register, am sure he can give you more details.

What car/spec have you got?

Feel free to post some pics in the Gallery.

Welcome aboard, hope you find this site as useful a resource as the rest of us do!

Dave 8)
carrie

Post by carrie »

hi dave,
its the poor kid of the 6's the 628csi, but it is manual.
its a green e24 one with the chrome bumpers, its not too badly equipped, i know its the 28 but i like it.
i bought it a few weeks ago for ?500, its in a garage having about ?1000 spent on mechanicals, fuel tank, suspension etc at the moment.
typical as i bought it becuase my mk1 golf is off the road and i was planning to use it while i garages the golf in the winter (ts a cabrio).
the plate that came with it is up for sale to pay for it (the company selling it offered ?575 when they get a buyer so fingers crossed) this hopefully means the car will be sound and it will only cost me around ?600 all in which for a 6 seems good value to me.
will put up pics soon.
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

carrie wrote:hi dave,
its the poor kid of the 6's the 628csi, but it is manual.
its a green e24 one with the chrome bumpers, its not too badly equipped, i know its the 28 but i like it.
i bought it a few weeks ago for ?500, its in a garage having about ?1000 spent on mechanicals, fuel tank, suspension etc at the moment.
typical as i bought it becuase my mk1 golf is off the road and i was planning to use it while i garages the golf in the winter (ts a cabrio).
the plate that came with it is up for sale to pay for it (the company selling it offered ?575 when they get a buyer so fingers crossed) this hopefully means the car will be sound and it will only cost me around ?600 all in which for a 6 seems good value to me.
will put up pics soon.
Whats the plate then carrie?

Sounds like you got a good buy there! I take it the tank was very leaky?

Dave 8)
carrie

Post by carrie »

never fill the tank of an old car unless you know its ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
had to drive from bournemouth to brighton with petrol leaking out it used more fuel that night parked outside the house than on the journey.
the plate is not particularly special jil75** but if i can get the money for it it would help as i am a student so money is not exactly bountiful at the moment.
i just hope it not going to end up another compulsive buy that sucks all my money ie the golf and samba
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

I am currently waiting for a list of all the Khumo events this year and then will have my diary of events organised. Biggest problem this time of year is finding six owners who are prepared to use there cars with all the rain, ice and salt on the roads.

First meeting will be in March at a car park in Ottershaw followed by a drive down to the squirrel in Hurtmore for some food. (Good Pub)

James
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Sohlman wrote:....finding six owners who are prepared to use their cars with all the rain, ice and salt on the roads....
Everyone wants to preserve their *ker-CHING!* wing panels and sills....
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

Sohlman wrote:
....finding six owners who are prepared to use their cars with all the rain, ice and salt on the roads....

I use my 635 every day, with a waxoyl every year - why drive anything else...

And where is Ottershaw and Hurtmore...........?????????
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

sharkfan wrote:
Sohlman wrote:
....finding six owners who are prepared to use their cars with all the rain, ice and salt on the roads....

I use my 635 every day, with a waxoyl every year - why drive anything else...

And where is Ottershaw and Hurtmore...........?????????
They be in Surrey! Just around the corner from you then Kevin....!
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

A fair way off from Yorkshire i am afraid. Unfortunantly as i live in surrey it would pain me to organise events to far away. Please see my list of events for 2005 that i am arranging for the coupe section of the BMW CC GB.
James