M6 in Surrey

Pictures and talk about the UK SharkFests with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

eryck

M6 in Surrey

Post by eryck »

Greetings to everyone in the UK. I know this thread is a fest thread but thought that it would be a more targeted audience. Just wanted to bother you all for some advice. I am looking at this car:

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/cla ... arno/30237

As I am in HK, I'm wondering if any of you have seen the car or know anything about it. I am just wondering why it has not been sold after being listed for over 6 months.

Thanks in advance for any insights or advice.

Regards,

Eryck
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Too many timewasters, perhaps?

There is a bit of a credit crunch going on over here, and people aren't sinking much money into our favourite moneypits. Possibly Hong Kong isn't so badly affected...... :wink: :lol:
TimS

Post by TimS »

I live in Guildford and have a 86 M6. I am not an expert but could view car for you if you are serious and give an opinion if you want to take it further. I paid a lot more than this albeit 9 years ago. The asking price seems reasonable to me if the car is described.
Rerards Tim
TimS

Post by TimS »

I live in Guildford and have a 86 M6. I am not an expert but could view car for you if you are serious and give an opinion if you want to take it further. I paid a lot more than this albeit 9 years ago. The asking price seems reasonable to me if the car is described.
Rerards Tim
Motorhead

Post by Motorhead »

I viewed this car about a year ago when it was first put up for sale. Its come down in price since then.

I did not like the car. From what I remember the car is not as described. It had no history (but seller said he might be able to find it!). It has not been used for a long while, sun roof etc do not work. Paintwork is marked. No MOT. It is not an '88 car, its an '86 car that took a long time to sell orginally. The low mileage cannot be verified. Registration document is not in sellers name.

I walked away from it. Be careful.
'72 E9 3.0CSL #385 of 500
'89 M635CSi #480 of 524
'89 Z1 #465 of 8000
‘77 Lamborghini Silhouette #26 of 52
‘80 Renault 5 Turbo 1 #501 of 1300