anything happening in the uk soon??

Pictures and talk about the UK SharkFests with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

oldschool6er

anything happening in the uk soon??

Post by oldschool6er »

Hello fellow 6ers,

new to the forum, ive got a black 89 635 csi Highline and was wondering if there are any meets or gatherings in and around surrey anytime soon?
i live in Woking, surrey and havent been to any events in the 2 years ive had the car, apart from a night out at the ace cafe, London, for a bmw night. but there were only 2 sharknose's including mine there!

anyway, my heater has stopped working in the car so i need to figure that out, and im sure all the brits on this site will agree its not the best time not to have a heater in your car right now.

all the best

Dave
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

welcome aboard!

There are occasional impromptu meets and very occasional more formal ones , but not so often in the winter.......

The BMW car club organises local events for all members, not so often E24 only.

I've been driving my red 6er several times in the last couple of weeks, mainly to and fro from the MOT test- it keeps failing.....

roll on warm/dry weather, no salt on the roads etc....

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Brucey wrote:....I've been driving my red 6er several times in the last couple of weeks, mainly to and fro from the MOT test- it keeps failing.....
Wha' :?: :shock: How come :?:
morse

Re: anything happening in the uk soon??

Post by morse »

oldschool6er wrote:Hello fellow 6ers,

new to the forum, ive got a black 89 635 csi Highline and was wondering if there are any meets or gatherings in and around surrey anytime soon?
i live in Woking, surrey and havent been to any events in the 2 years ive had the car, apart from a night out at the ace cafe, London, for a bmw night. but there were only 2 sharknose's including mine there!

anyway, my heater has stopped working in the car so i need to figure that out, and im sure all the brits on this site will agree its not the best time not to have a heater in your car right now.

all the best

Dave
Welcome Dave - oldschool6er! Post some pics of your car. I am also in Surrey allbeit the other end of the county. Happy to rendezvous at some point in the south east if we can get enough interest going. Perhaps we should not be too exclusive with 6's? There are some nice other models too...(nothing newer than E28/E30 though!). A chap contacted me recently with a mint lachs silver E28 M535i which was GORGEOUS!! He suggested a photo shoot somewhere around the Hogs Back area in Guildford...would anyone be interested...?
Tony Smith

I'm in Surrey too.

Post by Tony Smith »

I also have an '89 Highline - in Tungsten. I live near Reigate in Surrey and would definitely be interested in meeting up. car is SORN at the moment and I'll probably start using her again at the start of March - but would still come to a meet.
morse

Post by morse »

That suits me fine too as I have just SORN'd my shark. I see no point in paying that odd looking tw*t in No. 11 any more than I need to for the pleasure of motoring these days!
Attachments
Picture camara 185.jpg
Picture camara 185.jpg (36.19 KiB) Viewed 8677 times
shanecsi

Post by shanecsi »

Hi there,ive got a couple of meets coming up soon that are not too far away from you.They are for all model Bmw's however so turnout is usually quite good.The event details get posted on six other Bmw only forums.Sadly my e24 project is no longer with us so it would be great if you could bring yours along!

1.Sunday 25th January-Ide Hill,Sevenoaks,Kent from 1pm

2.Sunday 8th Feb-Brighton Marina,East Sussex from 7.30pm

Let me know if you would like more details,directions etc...

Regards,Shane :D
morse

Post by morse »

Hi Shane. Thanks for the response. I might well pop over to Ide Hill as that's not far from me at all. Can't bring the shark though as she has no tax. Sometime after 1st March full service will be resumed...
shanecsi

Post by shanecsi »

Pop along anyway matey,all being well i'll be in my new e32 :wink:
Motorhead

Post by Motorhead »

Hi, I've just joined, right after selling my 1980 635CSi! But I'm looking to buy an M635 now.

If there are any local meetings I'd come along in my E30 M3 convertible. I live in Wokingham.

Anything planned in the near future?
'72 E9 3.0CSL #385 of 500
'89 M635CSi #480 of 524
'89 Z1 #465 of 8000
‘77 Lamborghini Silhouette #26 of 52
‘80 Renault 5 Turbo 1 #501 of 1300
kos

Post by kos »

i'll start a new thread in the UK meers section with some london and South East meets