Power steering reservoir underside grommet

Post in this forum for topics relating to suspension, steering, and brakes

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

PTFunk

Power steering reservoir underside grommet

Post by PTFunk »

In the course of replacing some leaky power steering hoses I pulled the P/S reservoir out to take a look at it and make sure it's not leaking itself. There's a rubber grommet that fits between the "nub" on the reservoir underside and the mating hole in the bracket. As shown in the pictures below, mine is shot (looks like it's torn), but I can't find it in the parts diagrams. Could someone with better RealOEM-Fu than me grab the part number?
PS reservoir grommet 1.jpg
PS reservoir grommet 1.jpg (154.14 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
PS reservoir grommet 2.jpg
PS reservoir grommet 2.jpg (153.53 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
"Sabine": '88 M6 Royalblau/Silber
SLS delete, Wizard Cooling radiator, BavAuto Strut bar, M-Technik steering wheel, Conforti chip, Bilstein B8s / H&R Lowering Springs, BBE stainless cat-back exhaust
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Re: Power steering reservoir underside grommet

Post by Brucey »

I think it is 3 72 11 119 643

http://2009.bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/37211119643/

it shows as there being three of these used in the reservoir assy. IIRC the same bush is used where the reservoir bolts on. If so it means that (temporarily) you can use a split one on a bolted connection, and re-use the one from the bolt on the reservoir base.

hth

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 86_6series »

86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3
PTFunk

Post by PTFunk »

Brucey wrote:I think it is 3 72 11 119 643

it shows as there being three of these used in the reservoir assy. IIRC the same bush is used where the reservoir bolts on. If so it means that (temporarily) you can use a split one on a bolted connection, and re-use the one from the bolt on the reservoir base.
Thanks, Brucey - you've got to be right, since I just compared the size of the perished bottom grommet to the two side ones, and it appears to be the same.

Cheers,
Paul
"Sabine": '88 M6 Royalblau/Silber
SLS delete, Wizard Cooling radiator, BavAuto Strut bar, M-Technik steering wheel, Conforti chip, Bilstein B8s / H&R Lowering Springs, BBE stainless cat-back exhaust