Door wiring harness rubber cover

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

ron madden

Door wiring harness rubber cover

Post by ron madden »

Hi all, The rubber tube covering the electrical wiring harness between the door and the body has come apart. I hope I have described this will enough. Anyone know where I can find these things. I need one for each door. Thanks, Ron
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

I tried to find these rubber "concertina" sleeves a while ago and think that they only come with the loom. The big problem, on replacing them, is removing all the plugs and sockets

to allow the wires to pass through the sleeve. I've successfully superglued the splits on my sleeves. Let us know if you manage to find new ones.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
m6dave

Post by m6dave »

I spent ages chasing new ones too but had no luck. Gummi fledge softens them back up and brings back the lustre on the rubber. If they are really split badly you might be able to tape them with look tape or some rubber self vulcanizing tape.

I also noticed that there is a discolouration on the door pillar where the rubber boots sit when the door is closed, it was fine for a while after I repainted the pillar but now it has come back. I've seen several other cars with this as well, has anyone got a solution to stop this discoloration?