I need professional advice on my '87 M6

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

sansouci
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: I need professional advice on my '87 M6

Post by sansouci »

I feel your pain $$$$$.
In my line of work (risk analysis) my strategy is always to let the other party "prove themselves" through trial and error so that the work or process is segmented and therefore the performance and financial risk is contained. You now need to fight a battle on two fronts: restitution/bill reduction and shoddy work remediation.
--Ken
Sansouci
84 E24 633Csi Auto, Bronzit/PearlBeige 6997510
93 E32 740il M60 Auto, Alpenweis/Ultramarine
60 528i M30 5-speed Green/Beige (crushed)
71 240Z 4-speed White/Blue (rusty & sold)
65 396 Chevelle 4-speed, Marina Blue/Black (stolen)
DennisLJacob

Post by DennisLJacob »

I did ask for that itemization. They said they would, but after two contacts and requests, they never replied. Two weeks went by, and now I've filed a dispute. I'm working on that dispute document now. I also have an appointment with the Reno BMW dealership to go over the work completed and what they would charge to fix the problems and what they would have charged if I went to them in the first place. I'll at least get an idea what "book" rate time would have been.
1987 M6, 1998 Dinan SC MZ3 Roadster
DennisLJacob

Post by DennisLJacob »

In the beginning, this job was being done in a short 3 week time schedule so that I could take the M6 to Pacific Sharkfest. But the exhaust header was misplaced by UPS and Jet Hot couldn't get the work done in time so I missed taking the car to the event. So the process then went on a slow down trail with waiting for parts to come in. So it wasn't like we did one job and check the workmanship. They kept on telling me they were perfectionist's. What they meant was they were really good at working slow and billing for crappy work. Hindsight...... Now I'm trying to figure out how to get back to ground zero. It is obvious that the car isn't right, and that this is going to cost me a bunch more. I doubt there is a back to zero and a good net result. I don't know if I'll prevail with a charge dispute. But I'm hoping....... Other wise it will be civil action and reporting them to the Nevada DMV and file other complaints and ask for punitive damages and fines. Wish I knew a good attorney that would be willing to do this pro-bono. I'm on a fixed and limited income. The only attorney I know charges in excess of $300/hr - 6 years ago. Who knows what he charges now.
1987 M6, 1998 Dinan SC MZ3 Roadster