M6 Blackstone oil analysis - tell me what this info means please

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

DennisLJacob

M6 Blackstone oil analysis - tell me what this info means please

Post by DennisLJacob »

So I just received my first Blackstone oil analysis. Can someone interpret the findings for me? The Blackstone folks only high mark item was brass/bronze wear. Does anyone know if this is normal for our M motors? Thanks
Attachments
M6 oil analysis 171017.pdf
(55.32 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
1987 M6, 1998 Dinan SC MZ3 Roadster
TBM

Re: M6 Blackstone oil analysis - tell me what this info means please

Post by TBM »

not to be off topic..but did you ever get your car out?
'84 M635csi
'86 Lotus esprit Turbo (sold)
DennisLJacob

Post by DennisLJacob »

I just retrieved the car this morning. So it is like a whole new car to me. New coil over setup, new E34 M5 big brake kit front and rear, Miller MAF and WAR chip, Evo M3 exhaust cam gear and fresh oil. Oh and short shift kit with dual shear selector rod. I'm hoping the shift kit breaks in a bunch. It is really stiff right at the moment. It takes me two hands to get it into reverse. Oh and the new exhaust is pretty sweet sounding too. I went with the Billy Boat SS M6 exhaust system. Tied to the Euro motorsport header looks and sounds nice too. So getting closer to being road trip worthy. I've got a nasty audio noise problem coming through the speakers though. I'm afraid I might have to pull the head unit out and try switching cables or adding some sort of noise blocker circuit. I've tried changing out the amplifier grounds and processor ground cable with zero change. But I've got other issues I'm dealing with now too. My shop gave me rather a huge surprise billing. So I need to get to the bottom of the charges and time before I can enjoy the car. It really affected my emotional feelings about the car. That's not fair or just. I'm waiting for the shop to give me their time records and proof of hours, and hours of work.
1987 M6, 1998 Dinan SC MZ3 Roadster
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

I see a high zinc, and phosphorous count, which indicates the oil still had lots of life.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car