Missing Economy Gauge wire - 85 Euro

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

panthercity

Missing Economy Gauge wire - 85 Euro

Post by panthercity »

The economy gauge on my '85 635 Euro does not work and I've discovered the signal harness that plugs into back of the cluster that runs the economy gauge is missing. Does anyone happen to have and extra harness I can purchase from you...and where would it plug into on the other end? Any pictures you have with wire color coding would be most helpful.

Thanks,
Tony
'85 635CSi Euro
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Missing Economy Gauge wire - 85 Euro

Post by baders »

Economy gauge signal is derived from Motronic (pin 1 white wire ECU) via the C103 plug (pin 3 blk/white wire) on the engine harness.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
raykoke

Post by raykoke »

Was that gauge offered on Euro cars?

The cluster was likely replaced during federalization.

I noticed the ABS harness on my car seems to not be there...

Cheers,

Ray
'85 ///M635
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Yes it was Tony. I have one on my car.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
panthercity

Post by panthercity »

Thanks for the feedback.
My economy gauge worked when I purchased the car a couple of years ago and stopped working after I had a shop replace the odometer gears. I wish I had just done it myself as this shop proved to be one that likes to take short cuts.

I recently swapped out a new gauge cluster(temporarily) with one I purchased from a Canadian car(E24) and the economy gauge didn't work on that cluster either.

Regards,
Tony
'85 635CSi Euro