Silicon Hoses

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Boggie

Silicon Hoses

Post by Boggie »

Hi All,

I have been searching here and in the wild world web for about an hour but have not found a silicon hose kit for coolant and vacuum hose replacement. I can (probably) get stock hoses from my local BMW dealer but I would rather fit silicon and fill it with Evans so I don't have soever touch the system again.

All I found were THESE GUYS but they are in the US and I would like them for this weekend. Also they don't list M6/M635 kits, just the standard 635CSI (are they the same?) (is that a stupid question??) and no vacuum.

Would really appreciate a steer to finding some decent aftermarket silicon rather than fitting standard hoses if possible,

Thanks,
Ian
1985 M635CSI
Classic Car and Bike Collector & Restorer.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Silicon Hoses

Post by ron »

The hose set in that pic doesn't look right for a late 635. The "M" hoses are totally different.

I contacted 3 hose manufactures quite a while ago ref. both 635 and M635 and was told that possibly they would make for the

635 but not the M635 due to limited numbers built!

This may well have changed but I wouldn't bet on it.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
olympia57
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by olympia57 »

Ireland Engineering were the only suppliers of silicone hose kits that I could find when I was looking for a set for my 635 four years ago.
Due to the shipping costs I gave up and went for new standard hoses.

Good luck , I hope you find another source .
1981 635 series 1
Boggie

Post by Boggie »

OK. Thanks all.
I guess my choices are therefore to make up hoses with silicone pipe components and joiners or go standard.
To be fair the standard hoses will probably last 10+ years, especially with the limited use a restored M635 is likely to have.
I will ring BMW in the morning.
1985 M635CSI
Classic Car and Bike Collector & Restorer.