Electrical Weirdness!

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

PhoenixOp

Electrical Weirdness!

Post by PhoenixOp »

Gentlemen (& Ladies?);

1985 Euro 635Csi. =D>

Recently replaced the window/sunroof switches with led illuminated versions of same. Had previously done the same thing in my US '85 635 and everything worked fine. This is where it gets weird. 8-[

The only ones that light up are the ones on the console for the windows. The switches on the quarters and the sunroof switch don't light. Is there any chance they are on their own circuit? Doesn't really make sense that would be the case, but I'm head scratching. Also, is it possible, it's a "Euro" thing? This is a newish car for me and only my second Euro spec BMW. ](*,)

Don't know if it's related but, I had to replace my rear bumper brackets and (while I was there - mission creep), replaced the rear side marker bulbs and cleaned the sockets with Deoxit. They also seem to be in a bad mood and don't want to work as well. This car was "FEDERALIZED" in 1985 when it came from Germany. (You should have seen what they did to the rear bumper brackets! :shock: )

Anyway, any and all information, suggestions or humor are absolutely, gratefully accepted.

MIke
Mike Drives: :D
BMW's...
1980 633CSiA
1985 635CSi (EC)
1985 635CSiA
Plus:
1 - E31
2 - E32
1 - E34
3 - E38
3 - E39