UK Fuel Injector Cleaning Service Recommendations?

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Boggie

UK Fuel Injector Cleaning Service Recommendations?

Post by Boggie »

Hi All,

I want to send off the injectors for an ultrasonic clean, new filter baskets, o-rings and spray pattern / flow checks. They are the only part of the fuel system that is original as the car has a new tank, pipes, hoses, both pumps, filter, regulator and idle injector, all genuine BMW parts too. I was thinking about genuine new injectors but these are around £1000 for the set. However, in the past I took a set of injectors in to be refurbished on a previous car and watched as they tested, cleaned, retested and the results were as good as new for about a tenner a piece. ;)

Now, that was last century and the garage where I had this done is a housing estate these days. Can anyone recommend a fuel injector cleaning-by-post service in the UK please?

Cheers,
Ian
1985 M635CSI
Classic Car and Bike Collector & Restorer.
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: UK Fuel Injector Cleaning Service Recommendations?

Post by bpoliakoff »

Ian I didn't go all hi tech here in the states. I went to my local diesel tractor repair parts/repair facility. They charged me approximately $9USD to clean, put on new caps and seals. They didn't go all hi tech and blue print them or flow match them. Oh and I got all new electrical ends with pigtails and boots.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
Boggie

Post by Boggie »

Thanks. That is probably all I need too but as the car had been sat for 15 years in a barn with stale old fuel in the system, I think it probably wise to get them fully reconditioned. :)
1985 M635CSI
Classic Car and Bike Collector & Restorer.
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Reconditioned is cleaned, new pintle caps and seals. What I said. Otherwise send them over here to Witch Hunter and they will do the whole deal including flow matching. Shouldn't be that expensive to mail them.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by wattsmonkey »

Hall's Electrical in Swindon did a sterling job on my M.

Tel 01793 870877

They have branches in Brizzle and Exeter, too.

Cheers,

Rob
"Most of it necessary; all of it enjoyable." LJKS
'84 635CSi, dogleg...itbs and supercharger????? Eaton Mess