euro m30b32 gains

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

6finger

euro m30b32 gains

Post by 6finger »

I have a good running euro spec HC m30b32 I want to add IE 270 cam and +1mm valves upgrade the dme and maf throttle body etc. Or is it better to source a m30b35 and do something similar. Thanks!
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: euro m30b32 gains

Post by GRNSHRK »

I see that you have quite a few views, but no suggestions :-?

Since it's a Euro engine, there is plenty of good news, such as a higher CR than the US version, which of course is a bit on the anemic side, ask me how I know #-o

I went with a reground cam (282, I think...) but with the lower CR, I actually lost some low end torque :-({|=

But with porting, port matching, and headers, things wake up rather nicely at higher RPM's =D>

You mention larger valves, the +1mm valves are what are in the B35 head, but those combustion chambers are also larger, so fitment might be an issue, surely don't want things hitting each other [-X

There are other options, check out some of the performance upgrades from the First Fives site, these guys have probably done it all [-o<

http://www.firstfives.org/

Last thought, going to an M30B35 would probably be quite the undertaking, given that they run Motronic, etc., so you would need the whole gamut, ECU, engine harness, probably special or specific motor mounts, lord only knows what else [-(

Saw your other post, nice find \:D/
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black