Air conditioner compressor seal.

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Rob's 633

Air conditioner compressor seal.

Post by Rob's 633 »

I have a late 1982 633csi. The compressor seals went out after I replaced the lines to it. So I'm trying to keep what I got. The compressor is the ever elusive Nippondenso 047100-7640. I found a kit for it with gaskets and o rings for 20.00 ACkits.com part # is mt23211. ( This guy was supper helpful). SO I am in search of the shaft seal. Part # 64521356345 says it only good for compressors prior to 9/79. too early for my situation. Any help would be appreciated. Side note called a few places and drove the sales guy crazy to no avail. Thanks for the help Robert
JCS

Re: Air conditioner compressor seal.

Post by JCS »

Rob,

The Denso part # you have posted is probably a serial #, You need to get the model #, to solve the riddle
Jay
'88 M6, Red/Tan
My NEW Website https://www.jaysbmwparts.com/
Rob's 633

Post by Rob's 633 »

I was able to get the gasket kit from that number, Good thought though any ideas how to get the part number. BMW shows it for its predecessor a bosch look alike. The cost for that is around 65.00, would loose out on freight if it doesn't fit. BMW also says won't work on compressors after 9/82 mine is 3/83. Thanks for the input.
JCS

Post by JCS »

is the label on the compressor take a photo, if there is no label take photos of the compressor from all sides,
be a little proactive, on your end you are not giving enough information!
Jay
'88 M6, Red/Tan
My NEW Website https://www.jaysbmwparts.com/
Rob's 633

Post by Rob's 633 »

Yes that was the number on the tag on the compressor. Just had a thought and had this kind of problem previously with another vehicle. Approximately 6 months between the date they say this compressor (Bosch/ Nippondenso ?) was used on the 633 and the date the car was mfgd. Wonder if the part the book is actually showing was also carried over on to my car. (they used the old compressors till they ran out of stock, the went on to the new ones.) Im going to make some calls and see if someone can give me the bore and the shaft size of that seal. In the pictures it looks the same. Thanks again. PS i will win on this ones, I won't go down without a fight.