all gauges went out

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

rchearty

all gauges went out

Post by rchearty »

all of the dash lights operate, but none of the gauges are operational. the only thing i did was tuck up some wiring under the kick panel on the driver side. i have nowhere to begin!
jps635
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: all gauges went out

Post by jps635 »

I would remove the lower panel and trace those wires you tucked away. Note there are a couple wires that connect to the panel, one for heater cabin temp sensor (+ vacuum hose) and the other for the window lock out switch. Sounds like may be in need of a wiring tidy up to make sure everything's properly secured and out of the way.
Check fuses 10 and 21 are both good - both 7.5 amp for the instruments
'85 635csi JPS (RA2-66)
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Yep check the fuses but would be good to also pull the cluster and check the plugs.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
rchearty

Post by rchearty »

Thanks for the tips guys I got everything sorted
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Ground
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.